Corsair Community

Information on Corsair Link

Nemo1

First of all I can’t find any information on what I can do with 7 fans. I’m going to get 6 LL 120 RBG fans and 1 LL 140 for the back. I’m going to get 360mm liquid cooler from Corsair that already has fan controller. The commander pro can control 6 fans since liquid cooler has it then I have 4 togo into commander pro. The issue I want to find out is RBG controls since lightning node can control up to 6 fans at once. I’m going to have one fan left out and put it in a different category. I was wondering if Corsair link can put the back fan RBG with the others. Which I mean is there is going to be 2 lighting nodes one is in strip 1 and the other is in strip 2. I was wondering if strip 2 can be put in strip 1 in the software so all of my fans can be sync with each other. One other thing does the lighing pro has to connect to commander pro since I’m also planing to led Rbg strips also from Corsair. This also effect what power supply I have to get anyway it’s going to be of course link as well. With all of the information above I sum it up 7 RBG fans ,1 commander pro , 2 lighing nodes. I’m trying finding out this information out so I can finalize my build before i can buy everything I need.

You'll have to have 2 different channels for the LL fans; there is no way around it. 7 fans would actually have the potential to go over 4.5A total current draw, which is the max for the 5v rail on SATA.

So you'll have to divide your fans between two different fan hubs. Link doesn't give you the ability to synch between different lighting channels. It may be better to actually group the fans together based on location in the case. For example, I've got a total of 8 LL fans. Four of these are in the front and light external to the case, 4 are on the top or back and light inside the case. So that's how I've split the fan hubs - 4 on each hub.

Archived