Corsair Community

New Build, ML Fans lit up until I installed link

Merk56

I looked around at a lot of the various issues people have had w/ CL and didn't see my specific issue so I started this. My apologies if this has already been covered.

I'm on a brand new build using 6 120MM ML fans and a set of Corsair RBG strips all connected to the commander pro and lighting node pro. Everything lit up the default rainbow pattern until I installed the newest version of CL. As soon as I did that all the fans are still spinning but went black. I have control of the RGB strips, the ram lights and the light on my H150i Pro.

The commander pro doesn't show up in CL at all. Is this a total derp moment on my part?

Thanks.

Is the CoPro connected to a USB header internally? And how is the CoPro powered?

Also, you mention strips and a Lighting Node Pro. Do you have both a Lighting Node Pro AND a Commander Pro? The CoPro does have 2 RGB channels and can be used instead of a single NoPro (once we get it working, that is).

Yes, the CoPro is connected to one of the Motherboard's usb 2.0 Headers. I am running both the CoPro and the LN Pro. Both of which are powered directly from the PSU, no splitters.

The LN Pro shows up and is working fine. Seems odd that all the fans lit up prior to installing CL. I'm going to swap out the CoPro right now and see what happens.

I guess I was right initially. Total derp moment! Sure I can put this rig together and get it to POST on my first attempt BUT a messed this one up... ugh

I'm using the RGB fan hub not the CoPro. The LN Pro is connected to the Mobo via usb and the hub is connected to that. Hard for a CoPro to show up in Link when you're not using it! UGH.

However I do have a question: There is a Corsair logo on the PSU shroud that has a 4 pin fan connector on it. If I'm occupying all the slots on the hub, where am I supposed to plug this thing in? I threw in the additional RGB hub I had, fed it some power and got nothing.

Thanks for your help and timely replies btw. Much appreciated.

Oh, RGB Fan Hub. OK then, different ball game altogether.

The Fan Hub won't show up as a device in Link. The hub will connect to the Lighting Node Pro using a 3-pin cable with only 2 wires. What you then need to do is to configure the lighting channel with the correct number and type of fans.

As for that 4 pin connector ... it's an RGB connector, IIRC (I don't have the 570X but I've seen details on the config) and the LED is configured like an SP-RGB fan. Which means, unfortunately, that it won't work on the same fan hub as your ML-RGB fans. You'll have to have another hub and another CoPro or NoPro (for the additional channel) to get that to light up.

You might also want to take a look over the RGB FAQ that's in my signature.

Thanks again. Thus far I've got all the lighting (fans, ram, CLC , led strips) all working correctly.

Seems kind of silly for Corsair to make a case with room for 6 fans, a controller with 6 slots & a 7th RBG connection for the PSU shroud light. I have another hub as well as an additional LN Pro. What I don't have is another usb header. Oh well.

Now I need to figure out what settings I need to enable/disable in the BIOS so I can control the RPM's of the case fans w/ CL. The 3 fans on the CLC are adjustable in CL, no luck w/ the case fans yet.

I tried putting the fans in PWM while disabling Q-fan control for the CLC and still can't adjust them w/ CL.

After taking a look at the RGB FAQ in your sig it gave me an idea:

I took the extra hub, plugged the button controller that came with my case into that (wasn't using it) and plugged the PSU shroud light into the hub. Bam! It worked.

Now onto the case fan RPM control issue.

Thanks!!!

Archived