Corsair Community

H100i fan mounting screws are too long

Jericho2013

I have been reading this forum and haven't seen this brought up yet or just didn't read enough pages. The longer screws to mount the fans to the radiator on the h100i are too long. If you screw them in all the way so that the fans are just snug then it screws into and bends the fins behind it. It doesn't seem to be a problem since the fins there aren't blown on by the fans and it doesn't really come close enough to damage the rad tubes. However I think this should have been corrected by corsair. I shouldn't have to cut the screws or supply some fairly thick washers to prevent this. If the screws aren't tightened enough then the fans are just dangling loose. Also I'm worried if I have to RMA this at some point then they will say I damaged it. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Thanks

• 2 years later...
The screws are too long and i would think that Corsair might have access to plenty of 1-1/8" screws. They are not that rare...i guess I'll have to take an hour out of my day to hustle down to the store and for a $1.50 for a few machine screws. Pretty inconvenient.

• 2 years later...
Corsair fixed the problem of bending fins by bending tabs from the steel frame over the fins, so the screws have a hard stop before touching the fins. However, the screws are still too long. Screwed in all the way, the fans still dangle loose. They could fix this by supplying 16 washers instead of 8, or by simply shortening the screws a touch. Shortening the screws however would anger the people who top mount the fans... I did that last time and the long screws were the perfect length. So the ideal solution is to supply more washers. Now I’m going to find some washers and if they’re silver I’m going to have to spray paint them black to match. Grrrr.

Archived