Corsair Community

3 Pin to 4 pin ARGB Fan

bansukend

So, i bought AIO Cooling and it comes with 2 ARGB Fan. It has 12 led, so i can configure in iCUE software as HD fan (as it's has same 12 led).

The problem is, the fans that came with AIO only has 3 pin for RGB control and a splitter with 3 output. So lighting effect is parallel, not per-fan effect like corsair fan.

Because i want serial/chain effect, i cod the splitter so it has 12 led (WS2812B) in between output pin.

Here's diagram :

Corsair Node Pro -- 1. 4 LED Strips

Corsair Node Pro -- 2. 3 Pin RGB Fan Splitter (Input -- Output1 -- 12 LED Strips -- Output2 -- 12 LED Strips -- Output3)

Q : If i place only one led, how to make iCUE think it's 12 led ?

I don't think that you're going to be able to make this work the way that you want it to. If you only have 3 wires on both fans, you don't have an output from fan 1 to go into fan 2 (this is why the Corsair fans have 4 wires, not 3).

WS2812B essentially "pops" each LED off if the stack and passes the rest down the line. From what you've described, your fans don't pass anything down to another device.

I don't think that you're going to be able to make this work the way that you want it to. If you only have 3 wires on both fans, you don't have an output from fan 1 to go into fan 2 (this is why the Corsair fans have 4 wires, not 3).

WS2812B essentially "pops" each LED off if the stack and passes the rest down the line. From what you've described, your fans don't pass anything down to another device.

That's why i add 12 led between each output pin.

So each fan hav parallel connection with led. So the signal passes trough led, not fan.

Here how i connect leds and fans.

CLNP

v

Fan1 -- Strip1 (12 Leds)

v

Fan2 -- Strip2 (12 Leds)

v

Fan3

So, the signal must pass 1 LED to count as 1 LED, right ? Then is that possible to pass the signal without powering the Strips (without connecting 5v, only Data & GND)?

Archived