Corsair Community

Intel, Corsair & WXP

golf4long

Just finished building a new desktop: Intel D865PERL (desparately seeking stability....) P4 2.40C GHz Corsair CMX256A-3200 C2PT (2 sticks) ATI All-In-Wonder 9000 SB Audigy 2 WXP pro System has had a nasty little problem since day 1; screen savers/standby/hiberate settings will not work if delay is set to anything more than 1 minute. Did 4 clean reinstalls; BIOS recovery, removed all peripherals and problem continued. M$ sr. tech says - compatibility problem - don't call us. Intel says: DDR is wrong for mobo. Any suggestions? Got Intel to RMA the board, anyhow, but do I need to replace memory:( ?

• Corsair Employee
We are sorry you are having trouble with our memory, If you think its the memory you can test it in another MB if possible, or please test the modules one at a time and you can use [URL=http://www.memtest86.com]Memtest86[/URL] to test it or Please send us a email with a copy of the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.xls]form[/URL] or all of your info name address and phone# and the Module part# and copy the link to this post and email it to [email]Rma@corsairmicro.com[/email]. Or you can also use the [URL=http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/rma_request.html]On Line RMA Request Form[/URL] as well. If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to [email]warranty@corsairmicro.com[/email] and we will help to resolve it. Ram Guy

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Ram Guy: ran MemTest86 - no errors. Intel sent new mobo and problem continues so what do you think - should I try some slower memory or does this problem make you think I should investigate other peripherals? Only ones left are monitor, keyboard, mouse, floppy & CD ROM.:question:

That sounds like some of the bios related problems I have heard other Intel MOBO owners speaking of recently. You may just need to wait for a bios fix if you can work around the problems for now. On one MOBO (D875 PERL mebbe???) some users actually had better stability and results reverting to an older bios (the 1005 Final bios mebbe?) and waiting for Intel to fix the other problems. They were reporting that the newer bios' were as bugged up, if not more so, than the earlier ones. It's funny (in a crappy predictable way) that Intel replied "DDR is wrong for MOBO". RAM is like a hammer, either it works or it doesn't and yours does. If it was not an expensive solution, too bad you don't have some RAM from their vague list of approved RAM to throw in there. I'm 99% sure that you would still have the problem and then you could say to Intel, "what now smart guy"!?!?!?! I have not looked, is there any Corsair on their approved list? You may consider changing RAM. Good luck, Mike.

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry that you are having trouble with our memory, I would suggest getting the latest bios and then you may want to try setting the timings manually to Cass 2.5-3-3-7 or 2.5-4-4-8 and see if that helps. If not I would have no problem to replace your modules as posted before. But if we do that and you are still having trouble I would suggest another MB or maybe see if the reseller can swap these modules for CM64SD512-3200 as this would be a JEDEC compliant module and may work better with the Intel MB. Ram Guy

Archived