Corsair Community

add Neutron models into fw table plz

Arioch1

Could you extend "Latest firmware version History for every SSD" with tables for Neutron and Neutron GTX SSDs ?

I see the models are rather new and probably LAMD did not issued any updated fw/ - but i still think it would look more reliable to have a tables with something like "All sold SSDs already have latest firmware" than to make look as if they were just overlooked and missed.

Better to give info, than to leave customer making guesswork.

PS. And what about SSD accelerators ? they are probably just SSDs wit hspecial software, so they are also subject to fw updates and should be enlisted.

• Administrators
Could you extend "Latest firmware version History for every SSD" with tables for Neutron and Neutron GTX SSDs ?
Done.

i still think it would look more reliable to have a tables with something like "All sold SSDs already have latest firmware"
We cannot say that because it can take months for an item to go from the factory to a retail shelf in some cases, so there's no way to know what firmware it has.

And what about SSD accelerators ? they are probably just SSDs wit hspecial software, so they are also subject to fw updates and should be enlisted.
It's already there under SATA II.

• 5 months later...
I second this. I'm looking for information on the new firmware for the Neutron GTX 240GB SSD. The toolbox indicates I'm using firmware M306 with a new M310 available. Cool...but where can I find more information about this new firmware? I want to know what has changed...thanks!

x2. Please see if you can get a changelog. I'm in for improvements but weary of performance regressions.

If the new firmware helps speed things up with small transfer sizes and at low queue depths then all the better, but I'm weary to update from M306 to M310 without knowing a little about what has changed.

Anyone flash it yet?

Oh yeah and the trim issue command from SSD Toolbox tries to run but then says it is unsupported. Obviously it's greyed out for my Intel drive, but the GTX trims fine using the Windows 8 disk optimizer.

Bound to be some bugs in the initial release. I wish the stickied post wasn't closed so we could report bugs efficiently.

• Administrators
Oh yeah and the trim issue command from SSD Toolbox tries to run but then says it is unsupported. Obviously it's greyed out for my Intel drive, but the GTX trims fine using the Windows 8 disk optimizer.

Bound to be some bugs in the initial release. I wish the stickied post wasn't closed so we could report bugs efficiently.

It's not a bug. The toolbox doesn't support activating TRIM in Windows 8 (yet).

http://www.corsair.com/us/blog/the-corsair-ssd-toolbox/

• 2 months later...

Archived