Corsair Community

rain effect in advanced setting

I have the k70 lux non-rgb and I was wondering if it's possible to recreate the rain effect from the nonadvanced setting in the advanced setting? If so, how would I approach making it?

Try searching the profiles in RGB SHARE as someone may have already created one or something similar to the rain effect.

Krazykid wrote many profiles as listed on this forum. Perhaps his technique could be adapted to make a profile work on your non-RGB device. [ame=https://youtu.be/OlbmdXhe4-A]Profile Conversion[/ame]

If you want to write your own adaptation of the Rain effect in advanced mode, then I suggest see the animation tutorial. Basically, you use a set of SOLID lighting effects that cover interval of time you want to animate, and have separate lighting effects each which will cover different subintervals. Alex provides a template with 60 frames for a 10-second animation. You can duplicate events in CUE and set different shades to show at the same time, but on different keys. You can also alter the length of a particular subinterval, but this is not needed for rain effect. You can make the rain go faster or slower by modifying the time given for each of the separate SOLID effects.

Also, take a look at the post Converted Profiles for ALL Corsair Devices [update 12.5.0] by Inheritance.

Archived