Corsair Community

K95 RGB Platinum - Unable to save profiles to onboard memory

FourSeven

Hi all. I purchased the k95 RGB platinum a while back and recently had a flickering glitch where some keys flickered despite being on the default super static profile.

Now, I am unable to save any profiles to my keyboard. My profiles are very boring, and typically contain two static colors. The keys are usually one color and the macro (g1-6) keys are usually some other color. That's really it. I don't get super crazy with my profiles because I usually find them distracting if they're super fancy.

I've tried uninstalling it, eeprom resetting, and basically everything. My other corsair keyboard is able to save profiles just find though. Any ideas?

I am having the exact same problem. There is genuinely no option to save a profile to onboard memory in CUE for my k95 platinum. The option exists for my m65 pro but not for my k95 platinum.

I am also really disappointed that the keyboard defaults to a red and white colour scheme when booting up my PC.

I switched from Razer to Corsair and although the Corsair products definitely feel of a higher quality, the software and aesthetics don't seem to be on par, as my Blackwidow Chroma V2 could run the colour cycling profile while booting up which was much nicer to look at.

The save option is only visible on hardware profiles (Memory card icon). If a software profile is selected, the save to hardware button will not be visible.

If you still do not see the save button even though a hardware profile is selected, create a new hardware profile and see whether that changes anything.

The save option is only visible on hardware profiles (Memory card icon). If a software profile is selected, the save to hardware button will not be visible.

If you still do not see the save button even though a hardware profile is selected, create a new hardware profile and see whether that changes anything.

Well that's the thing. I've deleted everything associated with the k95 plat. How on earth do I make it a hardware profile? My HW1 and etc have gone missing as well.

Well that's the thing. I've deleted everything associated with the k95 plat. How on earth do I make it a hardware profile? My HW1 and etc have gone missing as well.

Make a new profile and there should be 2 radio buttons with the options for a software profile or hardware profile.

What do you mean?

CUE has a Import and Export function for folder/profiles within the software.

The file must be a hardware profile though. So if you had another Corsair keyboard (The K95 v1) and wanted to use the same lighting, you have to create every profile again to be able to save it to the onboard memory. The same goes for downloaded and imported profiles. They cannot be saved to the onboard memory.

The file must be a hardware profile though. So if you had another Corsair keyboard (The K95 v1) and wanted to use the same lighting, you have to create every profile again to be able to save it to the onboard memory. The same goes for downloaded and imported profiles. They cannot be saved to the onboard memory.

Hardware profiles are more limited than software profiles. It would make no sense to force a software profile on to the memory just to have half the actions and macros deleted.

Hardware profiles are more limited than software profiles. It would make no sense to force a software profile on to the memory just to have half the actions and macros deleted.

On the other hand, it makes great sense to allow a memory-based software profile to be saved as a hardware profile if there are no conflicting actions or macros. (I can imagine having this feature implemented where the parser would not allow conversion for conflicting actions/macros and give the user an error message showing the first conflict in a manner that would help them to know what to change before attempting conversion again. This could be more useful than listing all the errors, and it could be easier to code the function to stop when the first issue was encountered.) Note how the initial poster was using a simple static lighting-based profile; instead of needing to recreate it as a hardware profile (as people in other threads have grumbled about), I do think that it makes sense to allow compatible profiles to be saved for hardware or software basis, as this can save the manual work of needing to recreate potentially lots of lighting and actions.

Archived