Corsair Community

Many problems with CUE 2.

rklamer

Hello, everyone,

I will try to make this brief. Prior facts:

- Have had k65 RGB for awhile.

- Have used Schwitz's "Underwater" RGB theme in the original CUE program for ages.

- Bought a Corsair Scimitar Pro 2 days ago.

I planned to use the Scimitar Pro's onboard memory profiles exclusively rather than software profiles to make things simple when switching computers (this mouse is going to be used in Maya across multiple machines to save my hotkeys).

It has been an agonizing transition to CUE 2 for me due to these issues, and I would really appreciate any advice on any of them (note that I am running the latest version of CUE 2 and my K65/Scimitar Pro are on the latest firmware):

#1. I can't use the on-board memory of the Scimitar Pro without breaking the Underwater lighting effects of my K65. If I change the profile to an on-board profile (on the Scimitar Pro), only static lighting is available for my K65. So it seems the two devices are inextricably linked to each other with no way to run separate profiles on each -- if I want to use onboard memory on my Scimitar Pro I have to give up lighting effects for my K65. That is frustrating to me.

2. I would just deal with using software profiles instead of hardware profiles, but mouse clicks of any kind are not binding to the side buttons. I have read that this was an issue in the past but it was supposed to have been fixed in 2.14. However, it's still happening for me. This is absolutely critical to me and the biggest reason I bought this mouse, as being able to middle-click with a side button is a huge relief of mouse pain while working in Maya. It just doesn't work. Settings: http://i.imgur.com/IFh8r15.png I am sure that the on-board version would probably work just fine, but if I want to use the onboard version I go back to the issues in #1.

#3. Sending lighting effects from the Lighting Library to the Lighting Effects List breaks the effects. They work just fine in the Library, but once I exit the Library the effects are completely gone.

In library:

http://i.imgur.com/FwccRTS.png

After clicking "Copy to Lighting Effects List" then exiting the library:

http://i.imgur.com/UhIWziK.png

As you can see the effect is gone from the keyboard. Enabling/disabling the effect does not help. Reseating the keyboard had no effect, either, as well as restarting CUE and my computer. It looks like the brightness and winlock buttons have the effect, but nothing else does. (This happens regardless of 16.8m color setting). These lighting effects come from Schwitz's "Underwater" RGB theme.

I'm very frustrated. I apologize if I seem angry; I feel what I'm wanting to do with this software is very simple and not unreasonable so it's frustrating to run into these problems. I think once I'm off work I'm going to just revert back to CUE 1 so it doesn't detect the Scimitar Pro anymore, then configure the Scimitar Pro's onboard settings using another computer with CUE 2 installed. It's really inconvenient, especially if I have to change any hotkeys, but it might work for now at least.

I appreciate any and all help.

OP, I would recommend reading this manual of you are new to CUE 2. http://bit.do/CUE2M

There isn't a way to fix #1 unless you make a lighting effect for the hardware profile.

As for number 2 try running the repair option with the CUE installer if the macros arent working. If that doesn't work, Uninstall CUE, open device manager and remove all HID, keyboard, and mice devices, restart and reinstall CUE. You will want to export your profiles before uninstalling.

#3 once you export a lighting effect from the library you will need to reassign the effect to the keys you want them on. So drag and select the desired keys. You can use Ctrl to add keys one at a time if needed.

try exiting CUE completely after you make a change if the changes aren't correctly saving.

I figured out the problem, but I don't know how to fix it. I made a post on the forum, but now waiting for support to respond to my ticket also, but it's the weekend. :P

Onboard profiles are just for the device running without CUE. In CUE the HW profiles are only used for transport the settings to the device.

It's really inconvenient on choosing profile for each device. If they could separate each device' settings would be great.

• Corsair Employee

#1. I can't use the on-board memory of the Scimitar Pro without breaking the Underwater lighting effects of my K65. If I change the profile to an on-board profile (on the Scimitar Pro), only static lighting is available for my K65. So it seems the two devices are inextricably linked to each other with no way to run separate profiles on each -- if I want to use onboard memory on my Scimitar Pro I have to give up lighting effects for my K65. That is frustrating to me.

K65 doesn't have hardware playback so if you quit CUE, K65 won't have any access to CUE lighting or actions. This isn't a software problem but a hardware limitation of the K65 itself.

2. I would just deal with using software profiles instead of hardware profiles, but mouse clicks of any kind are not binding to the side buttons. I have read that this was an issue in the past but it was supposed to have been fixed in 2.14. However, it's still happening for me. This is absolutely critical to me and the biggest reason I bought this mouse, as being able to middle-click with a side button is a huge relief of mouse pain while working in Maya. It just doesn't work. Settings: http://i.imgur.com/IFh8r15.png I am sure that the on-board version would probably work just fine, but if I want to use the onboard version I go back to the issues in #1.

Check your device manager. Is there any errors with the Corsair Virtual Input Driver? if so, that is why the software isn't outputting any actions when you assign them. The most common cause is Error 52, which is a Windows issue that prevents the driver from being recognized. You'll need to install a security update to bypass this (if you're using Windows 7).

#3. Sending lighting effects from the Lighting Library to the Lighting Effects List breaks the effects. They work just fine in the Library, but once I exit the Library the effects are completely gone.

In library:

http://i.imgur.com/FwccRTS.png

After clicking "Copy to Lighting Effects List" then exiting the library:

http://i.imgur.com/UhIWziK.png

As you can see the effect is gone from the keyboard. Enabling/disabling the effect does not help. Reseating the keyboard had no effect, either, as well as restarting CUE and my computer. It looks like the brightness and winlock buttons have the effect, but nothing else does. (This happens regardless of 16.8m color setting). These lighting effects come from Schwitz's "Underwater" RGB theme.

This is because when you view a lighting in library, its over all keys. However when you copy it to the active layers, it has no keys assigned. This is intentional because users typically want to assign keys a certain way to the effect itself, whereas in library, by having it apply to all keys, you can actually view what the lighting effect looks like before copying it over.

Archived