Corsair Community

Macro chaining and looping

This is something I think everyone could use. The ability to Chain Macros and loop parts of Marcos. starting off with Looping Macro commands.

For the past two days i have been trying to write a macro for GTA 5. what this macro was to do was that it would allow me to do wheelies infinitely as long as I pressed a single button. in the macro i had it so that the macro would activate the button to go and the button to pull up the bike right after each other, (it held the buttons down). the next step would be to activate the break/button to lower the bike. in order to get the bike to stay up one easy way is to spam the break which causes a kick up. so what i needed to do was set a loop so that every so often it would press the break again. in the end this would have created a cycle. however because i couldn't just loop the brake cycle, instead the whole macro would loop and that wouldn't work. if i could loop that specific section of the macro this could have been a lot less time consuming.

so after i learned i couldn't loop parts of macros, i decided to make new macros and try to get 1 master macro to activate all the other macros in order. however that didn't work and got the Character in GTA stuck or didn't do anything. do know that i was using the number pad which i have set to do nothing for GTA. even when i wasn't pressing the master button it was still repeating the independent macros.

Another use of Chaining Macros is that of music. Lewis Gerschwitz has a profile pack for the Legend of Zelda. one of the profiles included is a working Ocarina from Ocarina of Time including music. What I wanted to add to it was that when you played a set of notes it would activate a macro to play the song from the game in the correct order. so if i played the Song of Storms it would play the rest if the Song of Storms after my input. that is just one example, I could, in theory play anything with the right keystroke.

In the end, I believe that if we had the ability to Loop actions in Macros as well as Chain Macros we could create wonderful thing for everyone to enjoy.

here is link to Lewis Gerschwitz's video on his zelda profile pack

:[ame]

[/ame]

You can chain macros, by using profile switch actions, as well as second actions and timer actions. I have posted techniques for doing this in other threads. If you want to have a macro act like multiple keys are held down so that your autorepeat at your OS level will kick in, a simple key press will activate this; just be sure to do a key release action so that your key isn't stuck forever. :-)

Archived