Corsair Community

Missing Profiles

Júlio Pradera

Today, when I opened the Corsair Utility Engine, I realized that three of my five profiles had disappeared. In addition, the light settings of other two profiles are also gone.

However, no error message appeared. It's as if it never existed.

Is there any way to retrieve the settings or will I simply have to do everything?

There is a rare bug that sometimes corrupts the profiles, the files themselves are still there but they are unusable and CUE cannot load them. Corsair is already aware of the issue and is looking into it.

For now the only work-around is to re-import the profile (as long as you have a backup of it).

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

perhaps we find more people wich cue crashes the profiles.

My situation ist like:

Win 10 64bit

PCIe SSD OCZ Revodrive x3

Because of other hardware i'm using the Razer Synapse wich i could deinstall, SteelseriesEngine 3 wich i could deinstall and Roccat Talk wich is still in use.

Sometimes i'm using Aurora for the nice light layouts in some games. I'm using it, while CUE is still running, could this crash the cue profiles?

Someone else of the crashed ones used aurora while cue was still running?

Edit thought: ok ... cue has to be running while using aurora. Without cue, the no software can talk to the keyboard directly.

First i'm setting up an test profile and deinstall one after other of the software i'm no longer in need of.

best regards

madda

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is horrible! Most of my profiles are gone too (over 20 which were created with a lot of effort).

The customization is the only reason I've choosen corsair. Had I known their software isn't working I hadn't bought such an expensive device..

When can we expect a fix for this? The problem seems to exist for month now.

I'm having the same issue of profiles not showing up. Updated to v2.10.71 last night and profiles are all gone after restarting my PC. I see that all of my .cueprofiledata files are still present in AppData\Roaming\Corsair\Cue\profiles . Any possibility of restoring profiles from the data files?

Unfortunately there is no way of restoring corrupted profiles. Can you create new profiles in 2.10.71, back them up and see whether or not they disappear?

What version were the profiles created in? You can find this in the .cueprofile by opening it in Notepad and scrolling down to the metadata section.

Profiles made on CUE 2.10+ won't work with CUE 2.9 or previous versions due to how they changed some things. The opposite should be fine however (2.9 profiles with CUE 2.10+).

Hmm.. interesting. I got wiped last night and it seems like I might be better off uninstalling, emptying the Roaming profile folder, re-installing and recreating using 2.9.xx, then potentially updating CUE later to 2.10 and beyond. I was using 2.9 when things went sideways. I don't see any specific details in the patch notes for 2.10 regarding this issue.

Is there any reason to suspect the bug originates within the profile created from old versions of CUE instead of the base program?

• 2 months later...
Yesterday, K95 was "functioning". Today, all profiles are invalid and almost all of my keyboard goes dark, save for four buttons. Am I to assume I'm expected to rebuild all my keybindings and recreate all lighting effects for all my profiles from scratch?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
We were able to identify an issue that deleted folders (but not profiles). We hope this will be implemented as a resolution in 2.15 but it may take until 2.16. In the meantime, to ensure your profiles aren't deleted, make sure you back them up and to actually quit CUE before you shutdown/sleep/restart so the software keeps the profiles intact. Make sure you're also using CUE v2.14 that I uploaded earlier this week.

• 3 weeks later...

I almost always shut down my tower normally, except when in a fit of rage I force it off using the power switch hold down trick.

After I made this unwise decision, my tree.cueprofileorder file was blank, although profile data was still present in the appropriate folder.

I have never had any issues with CUE2 deleting profiles during bluescreens or after graceful shutdowns.

This is on 2.14.67, and I understand from James that this will be resolved in the foreseeable future?

Also, my question is - will there be a way in the future to recover or create a profileorder file from pre-existing profiledata files?

• 4 weeks later...
I just lost all of my profiles due to a power outage, PC is on battery backup but unfortunately Windows updates ****ed me. I was hoping I'd find a thread with a fix. I at least have the files and will wait to hear more, I really don't want to rebuild these profiles.

• Corsair Employee
I just lost all of my profiles due to a power outage, PC is on battery backup but unfortunately Windows updates ****ed me. I was hoping I'd find a thread with a fix. I at least have the files and will wait to hear more, I really don't want to rebuild these profiles.

Did Windows do a rollback? If so you may have lost the profiles during the restoration process.

Archived