Corsair Community

Lightning Node pro problems (Strips work, fans dont)

mrshrir

so i have a 460x with 6 sp120 fans, installed the lightning node pro today , disconnected the controller cable from the original controlled and connected to to CHANNEL 1, Channel 2 is obviously the led strips, ,the node pro does not work when both fans and strips are connected, it will only work when the fans are connected to their original fan hub and only if the led strips are connected alone .

I can control the led strips from the CORSAIR LINK Software, however the fans are all still being controlled manually from the case, why can i not get them to work through the NODE PRO ??

any advice or help is welcomed.

First, when the LED strips are connected to Channel 1, they won't work. The SP-RGB fans use a different LED than every other Corsair RGB product - so you cannot interchange them.

Now ... channel 1 is connected to the SP fans. You seemed to indicate that the lighting worked. Did I understand that correctly? You say that "they cannot be controlled with Corsair Link" but I don't see you actually trying to change anything with the configuration. You click on the fan ... but that's it. You need to change the lighting below. Or am I missing something?

BTW: for reference, Corsair does not officially support or recommend hot-plugging the fans. I, personally, have never had an issue doing that but thought I'd mention it.

• Corsair Employee

If you restart your computer, do the SP120 RGB fans still light up? Does their setting match what you have set in Corsair Link? Are you able to change the fans then?

If you haven't already, try troubleshooting with one SP120 RGB fan at a time in slot 1 of the HUB. Also check that your LED Strips work in Channel 1 of your Lighting Node Pro. Like DevBiker said, you'll need to make sure LED Channel 1 is set to RGB Strip for the LEDs ont he strip to work properly.

Archived