Corsair Community

H115i: Positioning Of Radiator In 450D

tambor198

I'm in the middle of completing a new build for myself. I've bought a new case (Obsidian 450D) and am trying to fit the radiator of the 115i in the case. I already have the motherboard (Asrock x370 Taichi) in the case. I'm unable to fit the radiator in the top of the case. What is the optimal location to place the radiator? I'm at an impasse until I can figure this out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D:

A 280mm should fit easily in the top and without needing to remove the 5.25 drives. You likely do want to move the little rubber grommets to the outer slots that fit a 280mm, but other than that it should be straightforward.

Image_33.jpg

Can you further describe the issue?

A 280mm should fit easily in the top and without needing to remove the 5.25 drives. You likely do want to move the little rubber grommets to the outer slots that fit a 280mm, but other than that it should be straightforward.

Image_33.jpg

Can you further describe the issue?

Thanks very much for your quick, c-attack. I'm not sure what I've done wrong if anything but the radiator is too big to fit in the top of the case, the 5.25 drive bay gets in the way. I've even removed the rear 120mm fan to see if it helps, which it does not. OK, dumb question time. The radiator can go inside the case correct?

I'm afraid I can't mark up the picture from the device I am on, but there is only one set of holes for the 280mm. They are on the outside rails and one of the inner sets has a slot to accommodate both 15mm and 20mm radiator spacing.

What does not fit? Do the hoses hit the 5.25 drives? Can you flip it the other way with hoses to the back? I am afraid beyond this, we need a 450D owner to add their knowledge.

Hi guys

Thanks for taking the time to try and help me out. The 280mm radiator of the 115i is too large to be used in the top position of the 450D. The only position is in the front of the case. I've decided to RMA the 115i back to the company I bought it from. Putting the 115i radiator in the top position on the 450D would require removing the 5.25 drive cage and I'm unwilling to do this, also I want the HDD cage in the front so that's the reason I'm RMAing the 115i back to where I bought it. I went out this morning and bought a 100i v2 from a computer store.

OK. Corsair's site pretty clearly says that it'll fit so I'm perplexed. The picture on the site also shows (what looks like) a 280mm on the top (though with no 5 1/4 in the top slot). Is, perhaps, your drive a little deep? I know that I have one Blu-ray drive that is a good 2" deeper than the other drives that I have so I'm wondering if that was a factor as well (which is why I was asking for a picture).

• 3 weeks later...
Too bad. I was hoping that with the front usb ports as shown, the 450D optical drives might be low enough that there would be a small slot between the optical drives and the roof such that the non-hose end of the H115i radiator could slip in there a little for space above the drives and fit without additional modification. I was hoping to get a new mid-tower case for a Ryzen + H115i with push fan build. Thought this case might be a candidate. Oh well.

Archived