Corsair Community

K95 Platinum Wrist Rest - Bad quality

Catalonia

Hello All. It's been about 4 days since I've received my K95 Platinum. The keyboard looks really good, (some problems with the latest CUE and Macro keys not working sometimes)...

But, I opened this thread to talk about the Wrist Rest. I'm coming from the K70 RGB Lux, with it's marvelous hard-plastic look (the wrist rest)... Now, the K95's Platinum comes in this switchable soft/plastic bad quality wrist rest. I'm extremely amazed about how bad it looks and feels.

Compared to the K70 RGB Lux:

1) Doesn't fit properly, since if switchable if you have a look at the edges it doesn't really fit perfectly like it would if it was fixed. Edges are not perfectly aligned, leaving some air bumb in the middle.

2) And most important for me. The color! After some days of use, this soft-plastic changes color and it takes dirt so easily compared to the hard-plastic I had in the K70.

http://image.prntscr.com/image/bcb4dfdae7f64d4088f948bbf8a77cf4.png

I promise my hands are always clean, and either sides of the Wrist Rest are dirty unless I clean them up.

Extremely disappointed with this Keyboard, especially considering the price. Didn't you guys think about this horrible Wrist Rest?

I would buy an alternative Wrist Rest, but there are none, and my K70's don't fit since they are different sizes...

Sad, sooooo sad...

The wrist rest fits perfectly for me, and I'm not noticing it being that much dirty. Before it I was using the original K70 RGB, but I do agree that it is more prone to being dirty since it is made of soft plastic instead of being hard like the previous ones.

But look at the difference compared to the K70... Perfectly aligned and clean. It is dirty and is only 4 days old... I don't even want to think about how will end up after months or years... Really bad. I'm so disappointed.

Does anyone know if the old Wrist Rest from the K95 RGB would fit the K95 Platinum? Maybe the K55's?

If anyone from Corsair can confirm if the Wrist Rest from the K55 would fit the K95 Platinum (size and connectors). Since the K55 has the same size and the old hard-plastic material like the K70 would be a perfect solution for me.

I also picked up a K95 Platinum over the weekend and the first thing I noticed was how nice and comfortable the wrist rest was compared to my K70 LUX. The insert is rubberized and likely needs to cleaned with that in mind. It's only been three days, but mine still looks like new. You can never please everyone, but it is not surprising they went for a more solid piece, compared to the plastic insert on the lower models.

You might contact tech support to see if the old K95 piece will fit or perhaps someone else on here has both and can try it.

I also picked up a K95 Platinum over the weekend and the first thing I noticed was how nice and comfortable the wrist rest was compared to my K70 LUX. The insert is rubberized and likely needs to cleaned with that in mind. It's only been three days, but mine still looks like new. You can never please everyone, but it is not surprising they went more a more solid piece compared to the plastic insert on the lower models.

You might contact tech support to see if the old K95 piece will fit or perhaps someone else on here has both and can try it.

Still, IMHO the K95's Platinum is way worse (in terms of looking amd cleaning)

I am not saying is not confortable which it is.

And by the way, the only one I think is hard plastic and compatible is the new K55's RGB.

Due to the nature of the material, it may require a bit more cleaning depending on the environment. Since it's rubber and easily detachable, you can just run warm water through it to clean.

Yes, but is an extra cleaning step I didn't have to do with my K70 Lux + after is clean, the same afternoon is dirty again. I really don't like it one bit.

Could you please tell me, if the K55's Wrist Rest would fit the K95 Platinum?

Thank you!

Update: After 1 week usage:

http://image.prntscr.com/image/96b4cc67f7424aff8f221089c656fd9f.png

C'mon... Corsair... Really?? We're talking about a 200€ keyboard that should be part of a nice RIG... Nobody else is complaining about this? Where are the K95 Platinum owners? Didn't you have any better rubber than this? I can't believe I changed my K70 RGB Lux for this s***t. It is by far the worse Wrist Rest I saw in my entire life. Anywhere.

If somebody is thinking about purchasing the Corsair K95 Platinum for it's nice look, take in serious consideration this dirty, ugly and creppy wrist rest.

what you doing with your hands before using the keyboard, looks like you played in the dirt then started using your keyboard lol..

been using mine for 4 days now, cant say i see what your saying yet..maybe eventually will happen..who knows

The old K95 wrist rest will not fit the new K95 Platinum. I cannot say whether the k95 RGB will be switchable.

That does seem like a lot of dust, not hand oils. Oils from your hand would cause darker discolouration. That is dust n dirt. My guess is since it is magnetized it will attract more dust than normal with the ions being charged. So not much you can do about it unless you put an air purifier in your room. Still since it is rubber you should be able to clean it by warm water.

I wonder if you could use some sort of sealant on rubber that would make it less prone to collecting dust?

what you doing with your hands before using the keyboard, looks like you played in the dirt then started using your keyboard lol..

been using mine for 4 days now, cant say i see what your saying yet..maybe eventually will happen..who knows

Nothing. My hands are perfectly clean.

Have to say do that the camera exagerates a bit the image, but I promise isn't modified in any way. This should have been hard plastic like in the previous K95 or the K70's

There is no way that ***** is legit. Hey, I have an idea. Take the wrist rest off.. Problem solved. Oh wait..He didn't pay $200 to not use the wrist rest.. Cmon Corsair.. :cool:

Tried using it without Wrist Rest.... Totally impossible to use.

i have to say the Wrist Rest is not unconfortable, actually it feels really good. We're only talking about this crazy/bad/dirty appearance.

The old K95 wrist rest will not fit the new K95 Platinum. I cannot say whether the k95 RGB will be switchable.

That does seem like a lot of dust, not hand oils. Oils from your hand would cause darker discolouration. That is dust n dirt. My guess is since it is magnetized it will attract more dust than normal with the ions being charged. So not much you can do about it unless you put an air purifier in your room. Still since it is rubber you should be able to clean it by warm water.

I wonder if you could use some sort of sealant on rubber that would make it less prone to collecting dust?

Since the K55 have a similar look than the K95 Platinum with the 6 G Keys, I though I could use it... But actually they made the connectors different. (maybe on propose) so... There is no way to change them.

As I said before I work in an office, the room is clean and my hands are clean. All my keyboards are fine, is just this rubber that "absorbs" dirt. And in my opinion is not a matter of magnetism, but the soft material. As you say is not oil either.

It would have been so nice to have the old hard plastic wrist rest...Would make this K95 PERFECT. I spent 200€ in this keyboard because I really liked how it look, the RGB line at the top, the illuminated corsair logo, the Gkeys... But this "s*itty" wrist rest totally kills the look of the entire Keyboard and makes the entire product a really bad choice for almost anyone. Bad thing is that I can't return this item so... I'm thinking about reselling it and go back to the K70 RGB Lux with it's hard plastic wrist rest, which is where I come from and should have never left.

The rubber and the magnetic properties will attract dirt.

I just ran mine under warm water and cleaned it up very nicely. Dried it off. Only thing i see is some minor discolouration due to the oils of my hand.

Thankfully it is a rather simple process to clean.

The rubber and the magnetic properties will attract dirt.

I just ran mine under warm water and cleaned it up very nicely. Dried it off. Only thing i see is some minor discolouration due to the oils of my hand.

Thankfully it is a rather simple process to clean.

Nerver had to clean my previous Wrist Rest. Never. And I totally refuse to having to clean my Wrist Rest every day to have a decent looking 200€ keyboard.

I decided to sell this K95 Platinum and trying to recover as much money as I can so I can buy again the K70 RGB Lux, or maybe change to another brand. I totally give up.

I bought this Keyboard especially for it's look, and having it dirty ALL THE TIME is no good for my RIG.

I am extremely disappointed with Corsair for this product.

Since my previous post in this thread 12 days have passed, my wrist rest looks just fine and isn't any dirtier than before :confused:

Would it be too much to ask for a picture?

Maybe Corsair is producing different types of Wrist rest materials in different regions?

• 2 weeks later...

After several days I decided to remove the Wrist Rest and try to use the Keyboard without it. It is just TOO UGLY to fit on my RIG.

It looks obviouslly better, but is very, VERY unconfortable...

I would love to find out if any other Corsair (hard plastic) wrist rest have the same connectors then the K95 Platinum so I can use it with mine.

Archived