Corsair Community

H115i Pump Question

MaverickSY19

I stuck this at the end of another thread I had but really this is a new topic.

So I am making a custom profile for this. I am not sure I like how the pump works. You only have 2 options and they are all or nothing, either run the pump in quiet or performance nothing to scale it for temp.

So I really can't hear the pump at all when I have it at performance. Its pretty quiet. Is it ok to run this pump always at performance or is that going to really decrease the lifespan of the product? Quiet is around 1900 RPM and Performance is around 2900.

The reason i ask this is I found the cooler performs very well if I setup a Custom Fan profile off the CPU Package temp, so the fans don't go nuts, and then if I run the pump at Performance it does very nice, clocked at 4125 right now and running RealBench stress test only gets to 65C atm and not even that loud the fans stay around 1700 rpm with the profile how I have it. I just don't want to burn out my pump by running it this speed 24/7 is what I'm saying. Or I will have to run the quiet profile until I start gaming then kick in the custom one I made I guess that's an option, just a pain to do every time.

Any advise the Corsair experts can give me is appreciated.

Maverick

To answer some of your question, the pump at the highest speed should be audible but not louder than any fans at high RPM's. Running the pump in performance mode will not decrease the lifespan as it just recirculates the water at a higher speed. I suggest to run the pump/fan speed to performance mode if you're planning to do a crazy build it shouldnt affect the products life span what soever.

Thanks Wizard, I find that it does a good job cooling if you run the pump at performance but use a custom fan profile I setup in Corsair Link off my CPU Package temp. I'm OC to 4.125G atm with the XMP on the Corsair RAM set to the 3000 setting. So far its passing all stability tests. I like this OC because I can actually run it without raising the CPU voltage which I can leave on Auto, if I go I think to 4.2 I have to crank up the CPU voltage a little which of course raises temps. This way I stay quiet and cool together and get a good boost to the 5960X stock turbo speed of only 3.5G.

My only concern was running the pump at max all the time which is how my H105 was anyway but I thought I would ask. Thanks for letting me know.

Archived