Corsair Community

iCue not seeing H115i Pro

Paul343

Good day,

iCue says no devices detected...

Tried uninstalling/re-installing a few times, with and without Link, in both orders.

All ASUS monitoring sofware uninstalled.

Changed USB headers confirming that they are all working.

Read the FAQ and made the listed changes in the BIOS.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Also, is the a default profile that will load? Can't hear it at all right now (which is ideal), but don't want to load up the CPU without knowing the cooler will keep step without the software running.

Thanks,

Paul

K,

I think there is a profile working in the background. If not, then its not critical I think. Just ran a stress test at 5.1 GHz and the CPU temp max was 68. Almost inaudable...

I will probably just move around the fan and aio headers and let the MB take care of it.

Cheers

Hi,

The USBXp driver does not show in device manager... I will get device manage to search for new hardware.

iCue has been the only monitoring software installed, however I do use ASUS ai suite 3.

Thanks for the response.

Hi,

Tried the USBDeview, don't see anything corsair at all...

Also tried the clean install piece and plugged the usb cable into the back of the motherboard.

Still not showing, but seems to be working ok with the default settings.

Would really like to have more control over it tho.

It is remarkabley quiet, very nice!

Paul

Hi,

Tried the USBDeview, don't see anything corsair at all...

Also tried the clean install piece and plugged the usb cable into the back of the motherboard.

Still not showing, but seems to be working ok with the default settings.

Would really like to have more control over it tho.

It is remarkabley quiet, very nice!

Paul

Quiet hey? Mine is not showing and it seems to be stuck on max fan speed... sounds like a jet engine as soon as I turn my pc on.. which I'm not sure which I'd like more, optimal gaming performance or a quiet pc at this point?

Tell me, does the rgb on your fans work? Mine shut right off when it disappeared. Also for me, in USB deview it's in there says it's connected and says it's good to go...

It is quiet, I have to touch the pump to ensure that it is on. It seems to be spinning at ~2000 rpm if the cpu fan speed reading is correct. Can't tell the fan speed on the rad yet, but it looks slow. Just played FC New Dawn for about 30 min, CPU temp max was 42.

It doesn't have the RGB on the fans, its just the generic 115i PRO. The pump goes through all the colors, but I have no control over that at the moment.

For me USB deview doesn't show it... there is no indication of any new usb attachement even when I plug it into an external port after the machine is running (like it seems to when you plug a usb drive in)

Anyway, it seems to me that if you can slow down your fans it should get rid of the jet engine...

Edited by Paul343
clarity

It is quiet, I have to touch the pump to ensure that it is on. It seems to be spinning at ~2000 rpm if the cpu fan speed reading is correct. Can't tell the fan speed on the rad yet, but it looks slow. Just played FC New Dawn for about 30 min, CPU temp max was 42.

It doesn't have the RGB on the fans, its just the generic 115i PRO. The pump goes through all the colors, but I have no control over that at the moment.

For me USB deview doesn't show it... there is no indication of any new usb attachement even when I plug it into an external port after the machine is running (like it seems to when you plug a usb drive in)

Anyway, it seems to me that if you can slow down your fans it should get rid of the jet engine...

It would seem that the USB header/connection on the pump is bad, especially if you don't get a USB connection sound when plugging it in.

Interesting, I was starting to think the same thing... but didn’t know if you were supposed to get the connection sound in this case.

I have tried a different cable entirely and both internal headers and external ports.

I took pictures down the connection on the block to see if it was clogged as well, but it appears clear...

Well, it turns out it was the connection at the block. Sparing you all the different things I was trying, holding the head if the cable that fits into the block at an angle (on any of the four axis) would make the connection work. Letting go would usually cause it to fail. It needs to be held in a good position with mild pressure.

Worth noting that sometimes it would just keep connecting, disconnecting and re connecting continuously when almost in the right spot. Perhaps some others have this issue too I read some similar sounding symptoms...

Anyway, it seems like everything works as long as the cable it kept in a position that makes the connection function. Too bad it isn’t just straight in!

Thanks for all the help!

Edited by Paul343
Spelling

Well, it turns out it was the connection at the block. Sparing you all the different things I was trying, holding the head if the cable that fits into the block at an angle (on any of the four axis) would make the connection work. Letting go would usually cause it to fail. It needs to be held in a good position with mild pressure.

Worth noting that sometimes it would just keep connecting, disconnecting and re connecting continuously when almost in the right spot. Perhaps some others have this issue too I read some similar sounding symptoms...

Anyway, it seems like everything works as long as the cable it kept in a position that makes the connection function. Too bad it isn’t just straight in!

Thanks for all the help!

You might be onto something here. Many people are having complained about the connect/disconnect cycle you describe which is supposed to be addressed in the upcoming v3.15.x release of ICUE. If indeed it comes down to a dodgy USB connection at the pump end caused in manufacturing, a software update ain't gonna do squat!

You might be onto something here. Many people are having complained about the connect/disconnect cycle you describe which is supposed to be addressed in the upcoming v3.15.x release of ICUE. If indeed it comes down to a dodgy USB connection at the pump end caused in manufacturing, a software update ain't gonna do squat!

No, please don't misconstrue this with the other issue. The other issue with Platinum coolers is related to some software or firmware issue.

• Corsair Employee

The two issues are unrelated. We can definitely confirm that, at least for the majority of user's, the fix applied in 3.15 corrects the disconnect reconnect problem.

This user's problem is his cooler is straight not detected.

Glad many are getting the connect issue fixed with the software update.

Just for clarity, after trying many things, I found that if you fiddle with the USB cable at the pump connection port the system will connect. If the cable is moved from the normal straight in position, the USB connection will work. If you let go sometimes it will just cycle or disconnect. If the cable is held in an out of center position the system will stay connected.

Don’t know at this point if it is the cable or the USB connection at the pump, but hope it is the cable.

Thanks!

Paul

Edited by Paul343
Clarity

Oddly I can't get any other USB cable to connect at all. Only the one that came with the cooler will connect, and it only stays connected if it is held in one of two positions.

I tried both extenal ports and internal headers with 3 different micro USB cables.

All not making sense.

Edited by Paul343
Added a point

Have new unit, DevBiker was correct... it was the pump's USB header that was the issue.

Brought it in to Memory Express (where I purchased it) and they had a look and made the same determination.

Very happy with the new unit.

Cheers,

Paul