Corsair Community

[BUG] LL120 + Commander Pro + Lightning Node Pro

Willan

I have 4 LL120 Fans connecting to the RGB Fan hub that came with the 3 pack on LED1 of a commander pro. There is 4 corsair RGB strips daisy chained on LED2.

Fans 3/4 do not display any colors but still spin and report RPM.

did you select the fans for the effect? You need to drag over them to apply the effect to the fans. Take a look at the RGB "iCue for Link Users" video ... I do this to change the middle of the LL fans. It's quite possible that you missed applying the effect to those two fans.

Also make sure that you configured the correct channel with the correct devices and correct number of devices. ;-)

• Corsair Employee
I have 4 LL120 Fans connecting to a lightning node pro on strip1 of a commander pro. There is 4 corsair RGB strips daisy chained on strip2.

Fans 3/4 do not display any colors but still spin and report RPM.

Can you post screenshots/pictures of your setup? I just want to make sure we're understanding what's going on here.

Just for giggles ... try reversing them as well ... I'm wondering if maybe you have the channels misconfigured? I know I've certainly done that.

I've already done the basic trouble shooting for this. The issue has something to do with how iCue is seeing a lightning node pro plugged into a commander pro.

• Corsair Employee
I've already done the basic trouble shooting for this. The issue has something to do with how iCue is seeing a lightning node pro plugged into a commander pro.

A lighting node pro isn't being detected by iCUE. Do you mean the fan hub?

Can you fill our your system details, please?

Also, can you post a screen cap of your iCue Home Screen?

BTW: I also have a NoPro connected to a CoPro's USB port; works fine for me. So let's see if we can figure out what's going on here because iCue does support this scenario.

• Corsair Employee
It should be a lightning node pro, its what comes with the three pack of LL120 fans. I do not know why it would not be detecting it. The set up worked previously with CLink4.

So you are using this to connect to your commander pro via USB?

Corsair-CL9011109WW-Desktop-computers-140855.jpg

OK, your pictures of your devices did not include a Lighting Node Pro (NoPro). They included the Commander Pro (CoPro) and an RGB Fan Hub.

Which would be why iCue isn't detecting a NoPro.

Based in the wires, it looks like (though it's hard to be sure) that the fan hub is connected to RGB Channel 1 on the CoPro. You need to get that set up in iCue for the lighting to work. Go to the CoPro's settings, Lighting Setup and configure the channel.

There is something connected to the USB with the CoPro ... I'm gonna guess that's the RM850i.

Alright so it looks like I didn't use the lightning node pro part that connects to use, just plugged the RGB Fan hub into the Commander Pro.

I will change the title to reflect the correct devices.

Regardless of how I set up the channels those last 2 fans will not display colors of any kind.

OK, your pictures of your devices did not include a Lighting Node Pro (NoPro). They included the Commander Pro (CoPro) and an RGB Fan Hub.

Which would be why iCue isn't detecting a NoPro.

Based in the wires, it looks like (though it's hard to be sure) that the fan hub is connected to RGB Channel 1 on the CoPro. You need to get that set up in iCue for the lighting to work. Go to the CoPro's settings, Lighting Setup and configure the channel.

There is something connected to the USB with the CoPro ... I'm gonna guess that's the RM850i.

Bud, I've tried every single configuration allowable within iCue to see if I can get the 2 fans to respond to LED signals.

Have you rearranged the fans on the hub? Especially switch around, say fan 2 and 1 and fan 3 and 1?

It's possible that something happened and the fan went out; let's see if we can eliminate that as a possibility.

The fans function with CLink. I do not want to unplug those fans from the hub because I do not want to accidently rip out the wires trying to jimmy them loose.

• 2 weeks later...

I had some time to play with the commander pro and fan hub that came with the 3 pack of LL fans.

It appears that fan #2 in my set up does not have its outer ring of lights engage no matter what slot its in, causing the following fans in series to not light. I have contacted support to get a new LL fan shipped out so I can make sure its that fan failing causing the issue.

It appears that fan #2 in my set up does not have its outer ring of lights engage no matter what slot its in, causing the following fans in series to not light. I have contacted support to get a new LL fan shipped out so I can make sure its that fan failing causing the issue.

I had that exact same issue when I first bought the 3 pack LL120's. The retailer sent me another 3 pack and they worked fine.

Archived