Corsair Community

Help installing H60 in a gigabyte motherboard

victorjota

Gigabyte Z87 Wifi mini-ITX?

If those two fan headers are the only ones you have to use, I would probably try to run the pump header from a molex to 3 pin connector directly from the PSU. The H60 pump needs a constant 12v, but no other controls. You would prefer to be able to see its speed/RPMs to know it is running, but there are always compromises on a mini board. You would then likely want to use CPU fan as the control header for the H60's fan.

If you have another fan controller or alternative plan for case fan control, you can run the pump SYS FAN at 100% and the radiator fan on the CPU_FAN.

Gigabyte Z87 Wifi mini-ITX?

If those two fan headers are the only ones you have to use, I would probably try to run the pump header from a molex to 3 pin connector directly from the PSU. The H60 pump needs a constant 12v, but no other controls. You would prefer to be able to see its speed/RPMs to know it is running, but there are always compromises on a mini board. You would then likely want to use CPU fan as the control header for the H60's fan.

If you have another fan controller or alternative plan for case fan control, you can run the pump SYS FAN at 100% and the radiator fan on the CPU_FAN.

Yes, It is that mobo although i dont know if mini itx

I cant Connect the pump anywhere else because of the indent the conector has

The indent on the connector is there for a reason. It will force you to put it on in the right alignment on those 3/4pin headers. Don't force it. Find the tab on the fan header and slide it on. Those tabs are illustrated in the diagram above.

It is not common for PSUs to come with SATA or molex to 3 pin fan adapters any more. You would likely need to buy one, although it should be extremely inexpensive. Again, I would prefer to have the pump and fan plugged into the motherboard so you know what they are doing, but then you are going to need some case fans as well. How you manage those likely determines what you do with the H60. My preference would be to have the H60 pump and fan on the motherboard. Case fans on an external controller can be adjusted from outside the case and their exact speed is not overly important, unlike the H60 where odd changes in speed would suggest an issue.

The indent on the connector is there for a reason. It will force you to put it on in the right alignment on those 3/4pin headers. Don't force it. Find the tab on the fan header and slide it on. Those tabs are illustrated in the diagram above.

It is not common for PSUs to come with SATA or molex to 3 pin fan adapters any more. You would likely need to buy one, although it should be extremely inexpensive. Again, I would prefer to have the pump and fan plugged into the motherboard so you know what they are doing, but then you are going to need some case fans as well. How you manage those likely determines what you do with the H60. My preference would be to have the H60 pump and fan on the motherboard. Case fans on an external controller can be adjusted from outside the case and their exact speed is not overly important, unlike the H60 where odd changes in speed would suggest an issue.

So... CPU_Fan or SYS_Fan for the pump? It can get on both plugs on the mobo.

Another question, the pump has started rattling and someone told me i should lay and stand my PC while the pump is connected and working to clear the air from inside it... is that true?

Yes, I recommended the SYS fan for the pump above, however little details that might matter are extremely motherboard specific. Your CPU fan likely can only use CPU temp as a control variable. There may be other hidden protocols in it is behavior. SYS FAN header are sometimes more limited in their flexibility. You have to use it to find out. This is not a matter of functionality, but convenience or preference. As long as the pump gets a continuous 12v signal it will work. This can be from any source, so again the more compelling questions are what to do with your other header and fans.

Yes, I recommended the SYS fan for the pump above, however little details that might matter are extremely motherboard specific. Your CPU fan likely can only use CPU temp as a control variable. There may be other hidden protocols in it is behavior. SYS FAN header are sometimes more limited in their flexibility. You have to use it to find out. This is not a matter of functionality, but convenience or preference. As long as the pump gets a continuous 12v signal it will work. This can be from any source, so again the more compelling questions are what to do with your other header and fans.

But the sys fan in the inage only shows 5V

Don't get caught up in the wiring diagram or pin out. The pump will work for either, but as suggested above I would put the radiator fan on CPU fan. That is the only PWM header - if you need it. The pump does not need a PWM header, but you must then manually set the speed to 100% or disabled in the BIOS.

Archived