Corsair Community

CUE Feature Suggestions

I just bought the K70 RGB LUX. The first thing I did was set F12 to "run program" and realized CUE would not use "/" in parameter.

So I disabled key and used Girder as I've done since 2002. Then I rebooted to find that CUE doesn't detect USB device.

I wrote a little app in C to fix that.

Does CUE have a built-in OSD on screen display for volume control and other functions? If not, it should.

DevCon Restart 1.0 x64

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7TCo7TgbBGuZ2FmWnZTOVRPQ28/view?usp=sharing

DevCon Restart 1.0 x86

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7TCo7TgbBGuSVdDQ2FKNXFETEU/view?usp=sharing

Edited by theswagler

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about a minimalist version for those of us who only use it with one peripheral? CUE.exe shouldn't be using more threads than every other single process just so I can bind the 18 macro keys on my keyboard.

Better yet, how about a firmware update that lets us save those keybinds to the internal memory, even if it means using the lighting profile storage.

This is for the Void headset.

Now that we have the "Activate sound notifications, could we some of these?

1) change the volume of those notifications

2) different voices / custom sounds / a variety of sounds to choose from

3) range of sound reduction for those notifications

4) show battery % while charging

5) lighting profile based on battery/charging (charging/100%/80%/60%/40%/20%)

6) reprogramming of certain buttons (Mic mute/Side tone, EQ/Surround)

I'm new to using forums, but I for one would like to second these suggestions, with particular emphasis on numbers 3 and 5. I would add that it would be certainly nice to be able to have a custom voice profiles downloadable through a similar system to the custom keyboard profiles for the k70 lux keyboard. Perhaps having someone with a silky smooth voice record their voice over for the alerts and being able to import that as your own voice profile.

Still hoping this can get looked at:

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165369

Additionally, the ability to create a lighting effect that only repeats while a macro it's linked to is active.

> ie you press G15 which begins Macro 15, and while Macro 15 is going, G15 plays "Blue Flashing Light," and when Macro 15 ends, "Blue Flashing Light" also ends.

This way it'd be much easier to tell which keys have macros running on them. You can currently sort of bootleg this effect by making a key have a lighting effect turn on when you press that key, but the problem is that if the macro is cancelled via a method other than pressing that same key again (ie turning on another macro; an issue that would be solved by my post linked above), then the G15 key would continue playing its lighting effect even though Macro 15 had been cancelled.

My suggestions after using for 1 week on my k95 rgb:

1. Allow macros to contain all the different types of actions, including any actions in the Actions Library and Lighting effects. This will vastly improve the usefulness and power of macros. The interface is already there to do this - just add the other actions to the menu list and drag and drop from the Actions Library. Conceptually, this should be a fairly trivial thing to do in the code - assuming it's been built in a modular way (heck, I even did this scripting a hotkey mod for Skyrim, which is fairly limited at the best of times).

2. Add the ability to specify modifier keys and other key combinations to actions / macros. This will mean that keys are attached to macros, not the other way around (macros attached to keys). This will turn Cue into a more flexible macro editor that's centered more around what the user wants to do rather than being limited by the configuration of particular hardware (which may not have g keys for example).

While I understand there are ways to accomplish the above, they are unnecessarily complex, non intuitive and prone to error.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be great if profiles can inherit all the attributes (Actions and Lighting Effects) from another profile. My default profile has various macros, key remaps and lighting effects etc that I want to apply across the board. But setting up another profile for game specific actions results in everything in my default profile being deactivated (so all my lighting effects shut off leaving an unlit keyboard).

I know profiles can be copied, but doing this multiple times across many profiles is just rework and doesn't take into account changes to the default that I want to apply generally.

Inheritance would should be fairly simple: the current profile takes precedence where it conflicts with its parent (e.g. lighting and macros etc assigned to keys). If the current profile doesn't have anything assigned to a particular key, then the parent (inherited) profile applies for that key.

This way, the current profile can have all the lighting effects and macros, key remaps etc of the default profile, except for those actions and lighting effects specific to the current application / profile.

Makes sense to me.

In Lighting Effects, there should be a colour option for the current key colour. The colour would then be whatever colour the key happens to be when the effect is run. This way, we could, for example, have a pulsating colour gradient that is activated when the key is pressed, which transitions from the current key colour, to the new colour and back again.

Currently, the gradient colours are fixed, which can result is some jarring colour transitions depending on the colour of the key at the time the lighting effect activates.

• 3 weeks later...
Don't know if this was mentioned before but a feature that i would love to have is the battery percentage on the corsair link icon. Either by hovering our mouse over the icon or just having the percentage on the corsair icon. it's annoying and tedious to open CUE, then go to settings to see how much battery is left on my headset.

I would love to be able to customize timing on the basic settings, since the advanced settings can't be saved on the glaive. 3 speeds just isn't enough to make a good breathing effect. I did it with a gradient, but now I have to run cue automatically on startup, which is something I try to restrict to as few programs as possible. another thing would be to be able to turn off the dpi indicator if there is only 1 setting enabled, or to be able to customize the brightness.

The feature you request has existed within CUE even in version 1' date=' using modes. In CUE 2, one would use profiles. See: Tutorial: Switching Modes by Modifier Keys and Modifier Key Combos

Yes I know, but changing profiles is just laggy enough in my config that feels more like a workaround. It's not instantaneous as doing something inside the same profile.

I completely agree this is a work-around. The sad part is that it doesn't actually work:

1. Create a CAPS LOCK profile and setup the switching
  2. Confirm switching is all good by tapping CAPS LOCK a number of times
  3. Lock the PC
  4. Hit CAPS LOCK an ODD number of times
  5. Note that the profile doesn't switch
  6. Unlock the desktop
  7. Note that the profile for CAPS LOCK on/off is now inverted

I would prefer to have two new features:

• Layers within a profile triggered by events (e.g. key modifiers, switches of key state, timers (e.g. last key pressed), external triggers via the SDK)
  • Allow a static layer with > 0% opacity and RGB of 0, 0, 0 (black) to have the effect of turning the brightness down on the selected keys.

These two features would enable responsive dynamic layers that react to modifier keys and also to be able to timeout the LEDs after a period of inactivity.

Even more, it would enable something like different colours on certain keys if I hold down CTRL + ALT for example.

• 2 weeks later...

I would really like them to make it so CUE continues to function while my Windows session is locked. Other programs can talk to USB devices just fine while Windows is locked, so this is almost certainly something that Corsair could correct or at least add a toggle for.

This behavior causes an annoying issue with the MM800 mouse pad. The pad doesn't have on-board storage for custom profiles like their other RGB stuff, so when I lock Windows and CUE stops functioning, my MM800 immediately reverts back to the default rainbow effect. It's only a big deal because this pad's entire purpose is aesthetic control: Its job is to make my desk light up the way I want, but when I'm in this room for any reason besides using my PC I'm treated to a perpetual rainbow eyesore.

Total first world problem I know, but there's little point to owning the thing if it doesn't look the way I want it to half the time I look at it.

I would prefer to have two new features:

• Layers within a profile triggered by events (e.g. key modifiers, switches of key state, timers (e.g. last key pressed), external triggers via the SDK)

These two features would enable responsive dynamic layers that react to modifier keys and ...different colours on certain keys if I hold down CTRL + ALT for example.

Yes, I agree, in the future it is an important feature that we are able to either tell CUE from an outside program to switch profiles (at a very minimum) or be able to have CUE recognize the presence of a depressed key state or lock state and make appropriate adjustments without switching profiles.

I have modifier profiles set up and it works, but it is not fast and is very buggy particularly with application specificity and switching back and forth between applications which users do all the time all day long, it needs to be rock solid.

I suspect the delay has something to do with the latest FCU windows, but I haven't rolled back to compare. Never was switching profiles anywhere near as fast events and lighting within the same profile, but I do somehow feel it has gotten a few ms slower. I suspect when you change profiles, a lot happens, like it releases lighting, forces new lighting and then polls for new inputs to effect related macros, but that takes time, probably a lot longer than polling continually in the same profile for lighting effects based on x or y which could be caps lock enabled or not, ctrl pressed, etc etc.

"I would really like them to make it so CUE continues to function while my Windows session is locked. Other programs can talk to USB devices just fine while Windows is locked, so this is almost certainly something that Corsair could correct or at least add a toggle for...."

and a strong second on this, there needs to be some type of stop gap here, even if it is hacky.

Edited by hastegag
address materialz post

After upgrading to the K95 Platinum from an old Madcatz keyboard...(don't judge) I noticed one difference with the keys is that the caps lock does not have an indent on the side giving further separation from the A key. I have noticed that under pressure in certain games I am engaging the caps lock key whilst pressing A.

I think it would be a great addition to the CUE system if you could disable the Caps Lock key or at least disable the modifier effect as it is becoming an increasingly common key used in game keyboard mapping.

I have a headset and a mouse. The #1 feature I use is seeing how much charge my headset has left. Would be nice to right click the icon in the bottom right by the clock and see battery charge.

I posted this elsewhere.. would be nice to be able to see my battery charge while charging. Instead of unplugging and replugging back in.

What I would have liked to have had would be the ability to turn off both Keyboard and Mouse lights with the push of the brightness button on the Keyboard. If that Sync It software ever materializes, it would be nice if that were a feature.

I noticed at one point all the lights went off to show how you could enjoy a movie without the distraction of the lights. It would be nice if the key to do so could be remapped to the brightness button.

Other than that, the only other thing I could think of would be ambient lighting. I am aware that 3rd party applications exist that can do this but it would be nice if it were a standard feature in CUE and Sync It in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

I wish i could lock up both my mouse and my keyboard within the CUE while i am cleaning them. This to me would be useful as i tend to keep both my k95 and my scimitair pro very clean, usually doing the routine once a week. A lock up timer would be nice too, or you could use some kind of key combination to come back to normal and to avoid an accident the key combination should be something like right click, shift and delete.

Edit: I beg you, please make the "void playback visualizer" not so void so that normal users with normal headphones can use. I own a damn k95 and i can but imagine how cool that would be on this keyboard. Corsair plz! You can make the cue use the default communication/ playback device and it would work just great. PLEASE!

Edited by nanowatt

Being able to record Mouse in Absolute Coordinates (and working with multi-monitor).

Being able to position the mouse by co ords is a massively powerful tool. I have been using it to position windows when I have been doing a memory test with HCI memtest. But not being able to see co-ordinates when setting up the macro is a major pain. The only way I could find way simply trial and error. It just seems such a waste of time.

Adding a tool to display current mouse when the "add mouse move event" is opened would be great. Enabling a right mouse click feature to auto fill the window would be even better.

Thanks

Adding a tool to display current mouse when the "add mouse move event" is opened would be great. Enabling a right mouse click feature to auto fill the window would be even better.

Agreed, but in the meantime, install Autohotkey and use this:

global iniCounter:=0
~PrintScreen::
if GetKeyState("NumLock","T")
{
	tooltip
	Send {PrintScreen}
}
else
{
	iniCounter++
	CoordMode, Mouse, Screen ;relative to screen.
	MouseGetPos xx, yy
	clipboard = %xx%,%yy%
	tooltip %xx%,%yy%
	;save out to ini
	IniWrite, %clipboard%, C:\temp\xylocs.ini, savedPos, %iniCounter%
}
Return

With numlock off, hit print screen to display the current coordinates and then also save them out

bring back the support for autohotkey-files!

i used to be able to execute ahk-scripts via CUE's "run application"-feature.

after updating thats gone. CUE wont even recognize .ahk files as executable anymore.

pls, guys! this was the most important feature about CUE to me!!

I know this does not fix your problem if you have lots of different scripts, i try to keep mine all together for the most part.

That said, can you in the meantime, compile your .ahks to exes? that does work for now on the newest version.

my AHKs respond to outputs from CUE and the keyboard, you may find that approach easier to maintain?