Corsair Community

AF or SP fans for 275R case?

edwinchoong

The fans that come with the case are a hybrid between the two ends of the AF/SP spectrum. It likely does not make a great deal of difference, but if you want to theoretically optimize, I will suggest the following.

Take the rear "hybrid 120mm" and move it up to the front with the other one just like it. While I can't quite tell without having the case in front of me, air filter plus closed door front panel equal a decent amount of resistance. This likely means a SP or the hybrid type with its flatter, wider blades will work better than the AF style. You can then pick up two or three AF120 fans for the rear and top exhaust. The AF fan will move more air at the same RPM as the SP or hybrid fan when there is no to little resistance. No filters and minimal case mesh on the top and rear mean it is a better fit. In theory, it also makes less noise at 1000 rpm compared to a SP fan. All that said, you can use any fan you want on the top/rear. Since these are the ones you will see, pick something you like. I would still move the rear fan to the front to be with its mate, especially since you will likely end up running those two fans from a splitter from one motherboard header.

Archived