Corsair Community

PSU size help for Corsair 380t

mahoza

I would like to buy a Corsair 380t case to move my current pc into however I have an antec hcg 850m psu and am not sure if it will fit. The corsair website says the case fits 180 mm psu but other websites say 160mm. My psu is 170mm. I know if you remove the hdd cage you can fit a bigger psu but I need the hdd cage for my 1 hdd.

• Corsair Employee

I have a 380T and ended up buying the PSU extension bracket in the link below. Depending on what type of PSU and cables it uses, the bracket relieves any major stress. It's relatively inexpensive and give you a some added room for wire management.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/graphite-series-380t-psu-extension-bracket

I have a 380T and ended up buying the PSU extension bracket in the link below. Depending on what type of PSU and cables it uses, the bracket relieves any major stress. It's relatively inexpensive and give you a some added room for wire management.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/graphite-series-380t-psu-extension-bracket

You had to buy it from your own employeer? Shocking D:

I would like to buy a Corsair 380t case to move my current pc into however I have an Antec hcg 850m psu and am not sure if it will fit. The corsair website says the case fits 180 mm psu but other websites say 160mm. My psu is 170mm. I know if you remove the hdd cage you can fit a bigger psu but I need the hdd cage for my 1 hdd.

I was able to squeeze a XFX P1-650B-BEFX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Modular Single Rail into the case with dimensions of 31.9 x 16.3 x 21 cm, however it did cost me the 3.25" hard drive housing.

Note that since my PSU is fully modular it requires more space for all the cables to fit, since yours is also modular you're likely in the same boat. You will probably need to source a new power supply, or a 2.5" hard drive.

• 3 months later...

I'm in South Australia and whilst I'm under the impression that there will likely be a shipping option, the lack of dimensions on said bracket kind limits my enthusiasm for said option.

I also note that Corsair Needs to update the page for the 380T as the supported PSU length is incorrectly given as 180mm, however the installation booklet you can download from the link states the correct, 160mm.

and as we in this thread have come to find the hard way, it is certainly the latter.

I have no real problem with buying the bracket for AUD$12. what i take issue with is two fold. 1) shipping options presented typically are in excess of US$80 to australia 2)with the quiet EOL of the AX760i and subsequent lack of stock I have been forced to try to HX750i which has lead me to this problem and ergo needing to know the dimensions of said bracket to try and figure out if it will help solve said clearance issues.

I'd love to have some advice on this from the Corsair Staff, particularly if there is a new version of the AXi series about to drop that i could put an order in for. or even the compatible (SFX?) modular PSUs. as the general corsair website doesn't really do that well with those factors in mind.

Archived