Corsair Community

My Brand New Corsair CX750 is Buzzing When GPU is Under Load

Meliksah

I built a gaming PC two days ago. I use Corsair CX750 in my build. For the first time I started playing game, power supply was buzzing. Whenever GPU is under load, power supply buzzes. The buzzing sound of the PSU rises proportionally to the workload of the GPU. When GPU is in idle, there is no buzzing.

How can I solve this problem? Is there a possibility that GPU causes that voice?

You're in Turkey? Hmm....

Preferably, I'd like to get the unit back to the U.S. for failure analysis, but that might be tricky given your location.

Whatever you decide to do, you can RMA a PSU for whining and buzzing noises. Just use the ticket system at https://corsair.secure.force.com.

[ame]

[/ame]

This video shows the problem that I have. But yesterday, I faced a worse problem, PSU makes noiser and weirder sounds. Here is the video;

[ame]https://youtu.be/0axFD4VWT-E[/ame]

I will return my PSU today and buy CS750M. I think buying a Bronze 750 Watt psu was a mistake.

• Corsair Employee

Bronze vs. Gold is a level of efficiency. Not quality.

The CX750M should not buzz. That's why I like getting them back for failure analysis when they do buzz. But the CS750M is certainly a better quality unit over all.

Bronze vs. Gold is a level of efficiency. Not quality.

The CX750M should not buzz. That's why I like getting them back for failure analysis when they do buzz. But the CS750M is certainly a better quality unit over all.

I've returned CX750 and I bought CS750M. There is no buzzing problem now, it is all silent. But there is still weird noises when I open Far Cry 3 and I think it is the game to blame, because that happens only in Far Cry 3.

• 1 year later...

I've been having this same buzzing problem with my TX750 for an unknown amount of time. I recently (within the past couple of months) changed computer cases and, in doing so, eliminated some unnecessary case fans to make it quieter. I started noticing an annoying, intermittent buzzing sound. I was pretty sure I narrowed it down to the TX750 but this thread makes me more confident that's where the buzzing is coming from since I experience the exact issue as the original poster.

Anyone have any ideas on how to remedy?

I'm not sure what the warranty period is for the TX750 bronze, but I'm on my way to investigate (this one is about 3 years old).

Archived