Corsair Community

Corsair 280X bottom fans question

adrian5683

Hi all, I plan on using the 280X case with a Z270i mini-ITX mobo, ROG Strix 1070 OC, top mounted 240mm radiator and front 2x120mm fans. I'd like to populate the bottom with 2x120mm fans as well, my question is should they be intake or exaust? Or should I just leave it as is? The Corsair product video on this case shows fans set to exaust both at the bottom and top, with intake at the front, but with my GPU's 3 fan configuration would it make sense to intake at the bottom as well?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Now that I'm looking at it, with an ITX mobo my ROG Strix GPU is fairly close to the bottom of the case... Will two 120mm intake fans on the bottom help given the proximity to the GPU's fans or should I just leave the GPU to inhale on its own?

I am in the same boat. I would like to keep my case cooler however I don't know if having two fans right next to my gpu would mess with everything more or not.

I am in the same boat. I would like to keep my case cooler however I don't know if having two fans right next to my gpu would mess with everything more or not.

I definitely think that it would help, especially if your cooler is at the top.

I agree with you. How do you feel about Air Force maybe about 5 cm’s away from the gpu fans pulling air at different rpms then the bottom fans I would buy ?

I'm not following you here. Is the bottom 5cm from the GPU? Or the front?

I agree with you. How do you feel about Air Force maybe about 5 cm’s away from the gpu fans pulling air at different rpms then the bottom fans I would buy ?

You shouldn't have any issues but sometimes things work out differently than expected which is why I mentioned my issues years ago with the oscillation on the CPU heat sink due to proximity of a case fan in another thread you are on, more specifically proximity and direction. I don't see it happening in this case but never say never.

It's worth a shot, cable management might be a pain but we'll see... I might start on this build next week since the RGB version of the 280X just went on sale for $130!

Cable management for the GPU? You shouldn't have any issues with that. SS to show you how I ran them.

Yeah I know the glass looks like crap, I left the plastic on :)

20190611_005531.thumb.jpg.1e74c80ab4fadf4ab1694a6991322fbc.jpg

• 1 month later...
I'm not following you here. Is the bottom 5cm from the GPU? Or the front?

I am worried that if I buy two 120mm fans. Because my GPU is so large the fans will be extremely close to the fans on the gpu. Would there be any negative affects of having the two intakes fans pushing air into the gpu that is also in taking air? like could it break the fans or prevent them from pulling as much air or weaken any components in the fan??