Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB doesn't work right

pcnoob369

Hi,

I have the Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x8 GB and the RGB worked alright till I updated the Firmware of the motherboard (Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 Wifi). I went from the version F4g to F5. Now if I boot up my pc the ram doesn't change color at all. After a while the Corsair iCUE changes the color of the RAM but only one at a time. One RAM changes color for like 5 seconds and they switch again while the other RAM is always static(the last color it had when switching). It doesn't change them simultaneously. I looked and tried to find what the problem might be and in the iCUE I found the Firmwareversion ? for the RAM. I guess there is where the problem might be that it is not yet compatible with the BIOS version F5. But even at the version F4 it is exactly the same problem. So I went back to F4g and everything was alright again. Well you could say "Never change a running system" but the newer version is slightly faster but the RGB is more important to me. It's only a 2-4% performance boost but I hope it will work with my RGB later.

Has anyone else had this problem, too, or do you have any suggestions. My guess would be to wait till newer version come out and eventually it will be fixed.

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

I have the Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x8 GB and the RGB worked alright till I updated the Firmware of the motherboard (Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 Wifi). I went from the version F4g to F5. Now if I boot up my pc the ram doesn't change color at all. After a while the Corsair iCUE changes the color of the RAM but only one at a time. One RAM changes color for like 5 seconds and they switch again while the other RAM is always static(the last color it had when switching). It doesn't change them simultaneously. I looked and tried to find what the problem might be and in the iCUE I found the Firmwareversion ? for the RAM. I guess there is where the problem might be that it is not yet compatible with the BIOS version F5. But even at the version F4 it is exactly the same problem. So I went back to F4g and everything was alright again. Well you could say "Never change a running system" but the newer version is slightly faster but the RGB is more important to me. It's only a 2-4% performance boost but I hope it will work with my RGB later.

Has anyone else had this problem, too, or do you have any suggestions. My guess would be to wait till newer version come out and eventually it will be fixed.

Thank you in advance.

So via settings you are unable to read or update the firmware for the RAM? I did have some weird issues when I first got my RAM a couple of weeks ago, though updating the firmware helped. I also have RAM RGB disabled in RGB Fusion. I also recently updated my Bios Firmware to 2018/09/20 F10 (Z370 Gaming 7). I haven't had any problems since then. A couple things to note. If you are not showing a FW version or you can't update it in iCUE, I would reinstall iCUE. If the RAM is stuck, sometimes flipping the main power switch in the back for a few seconds. I have had that issue with the MB lights getting stuck, even when powered off, so only pulling the main power helps. Also do you have the latest version of RGB Fusion installed?

• Corsair Employee
Hi,

Thank you in advance.

For now try using the bios version that works flawlessly.

-Art

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

Thank you in advance.

You are not crazy, I have what sounds like the exact same issue you are describing. The DRAM lists FW v0.0 through iCue and just acts wonky in general. I have the same motherboard as you and did just recently update to BIOS F5. I have not tried downgrading yet (though I would prefer not to). Will have to give that a shot. Thank you.

-Rumpkin

Just as an update to this thread: Things seem stable from a performance standpoint on the F5 BIOS, but the iCUE and RGB are still all garbled. Not only is the RGB basically uncontrollable, in iCUE the FW version of the RAM is listed as "v0.0" or "O.?" depending if I just reinstalled iCUE/Drivers or not. Definitely seems like iCUE needs an update for the latest round of AMD BIOS releases. =(

Unless someone has a suggestion, I guess it is time to go back to the old BIOS for now. Thanks in advance if there is any new news.

Regards,

-Rumpkin

well i did a downgrade on my aorus x470 gaming 5 wifi rev.1

back to bios version f2.

after that i let the bios settings at default

so "no xmp" profile set in the bios

then icue was showing me a good firmwarenumber 0.9 something.

and i was able to rewrite the firmware to the rams.

after that all works fine.

im not sure if it was the downgrade ore the fact that i did not told the bios

to use the xmp profile.

the gigabyte bios have no option to set spd write on

and i think when i tell the bios to use xmp profile it will mess up things

so nafter i change the efect of the rams i set the xmp to on

to run the rams with my specs

but next time i change some efect i will disable xmp profile first.

for me its more a problem of the gigabyte bios

I have the exact motherboard (Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 Wifi) and Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM and after I updated the firmware of the motherboard to the latest F5 the same thing happened. I was able to get the lighting effects working right after reseating the RAM, but the lighting effect will freeze whenever I lock Windows 10. Will resume lighting effects without issues after logging back into Windows 10. And yes, in iCUE the fw version for the RAM shows as ? instead of an actual version number.

I prefer to use iCUE because it is much better at RGB than the RGB Fusion that Gigabyte uses. I do hope Corsair will update iCUE soon and to include a fix for this issue.

All,

So I downgraded from F5 (AGESA 1.0.0.4) BIOS on my Gigabyte x470 --> F4g (AGESA 1.0.0.2c).

With no additional tweaking, everything went back to normal. RGB control works as normal like before the BIOS update. iCUE can see the DIMMs correctly, and the FW version is shown with a number and not, "v0.?".

I have read in some other threads that the new Microcode from AMD might be introducing other issues (and potentially security fixes). I wonder if that is causing the problem? In any event, I'll get my manual DRAM overclock where it should be and just leave it all alone for now.

If anyone has any additional information about the cause and/or some upcoming fix that would be good to know. Normally I tend to leave the BIOS alone once everything works but with Ryzen I have been hoping new revisions bring added memory stability and all that...Not this time!

Anyhow I hope this thread helps others.

Regards,

-Rumpkin

All,

So I downgraded from F5 (AGESA 1.0.0.4) BIOS on my Gigabyte x470 --> F4g (AGESA 1.0.0.2c).

With no additional tweaking, everything went back to normal. RGB control works as normal like before the BIOS update. iCUE can see the DIMMs correctly, and the FW version is shown with a number and not, "v0.?".

I have read in some other threads that the new Microcode from AMD might be introducing other issues (and potentially security fixes). I wonder if that is causing the problem? In any event, I'll get my manual DRAM overclock where it should be and just leave it all alone for now.

If anyone has any additional information about the cause and/or some upcoming fix that would be good to know. Normally I tend to leave the BIOS alone once everything works but with Ryzen I have been hoping new revisions bring added memory stability and all that...Not this time!

Anyhow I hope this thread helps others.

Regards,

-Rumpkin

Thanks for the update the confirmation. I do hope Corsair is working on updating the iCUE to resolve the issue, since the Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 Wifi is one of the top X470 enthusiast mobo.

• 3 weeks later...
btw i can use rgb fusion next to icue without problems

i just use icue for the ram settings (light show)

and rgb fusdion of the rgb settings mainboard and graphic card

do not use rgb fusion for the ram settings

will mess up things

Hey Der Brocken,

I see you use both iCUE (for ram) and RGB Fusion for mobo/gfx. Is your setup aRGB? and can you run it sync'd up or so that it looks like it is with effects in iCUE (I dont have or ever used it so not sure how many effects it has for the ram)

I have my system with a z390 Aorus Master + CM aRGB 360 AIO + 3 CM aRGB Fans + Deepcool aRGB LED strips and they all synced up perfectly and can be controlled with Fusion for up to 15 presets (as shown on the image attached and youtuve video):

Gigabyte-Z390-AORUS-Master-RGB-Fusion.jpg

[ame=

]
[/ame]

BUT as you can see in the vid the G.Skill TridentZ ram I have, won't have half of these effects and it doesn't sync with any of those "Digital A" to "Digital I" which are honestly the cool ones (I assume addressable and this ram is not addressable?).

HROvVHw.png

So I'm thinking of buying the $300 32GB Vengeance PRO RGB kit but I want to make sure it will all sync and run the "light shows".

Archived