Corsair Community

Corsair fans not working correctly anymore

deft_

For some reason my LL series fans have been messing up. A couple of days ago, 3 of the fans started randomly occasionally flashing, and then stopped showing any color other than white. I have the lighting set to rainbow wave, but for some reason it seems these 3-4 fans aren't updating correctly, at least not all of the time.

Then today when I started up my computer from sleep, all 12 of my fans were not lighting up although they were still spinning. I tried updating the firmware for my lighting node pros through Corsair Link, which seemed to get all the fans working again for a second, but now as I'm typing this 4 of the fans are not working correctly and are only lighting up white for some reason.

Any idea what's causing this or how to fix it?

• 2 weeks later...
I would start with rearranging the fans. Here's the thing - the fans run in series - 1 fan passes the control signal to the next fan. So 1 bad fan can take an entire chain out. It could be the first fan that's acting up ... or the one before it. Rearranging them on the hub can help you determine that.

Archived