Corsair Community

H110i fan replacement

Tullagh

Hello!

My new PC has a slight rattle that's quickly become annoying, since otherwise the machine is whisper quiet.

I've narrowed it down to the H110i fan #1. Playing with Corsair Link I've confirmed that it rattles right around the 900-1100 RPM sweet spot, exactly when it should be quiet :ummmm:

Could someone recommend a pair of replacement fans that would provide the same or better cooling without the rattle? I thought maybe ML140?

Thanks!

Hi so basically I have the similar issue, I've had this cooler since I built the PC 2 years ago, this rattling has been there since the beginning, now its more annoying than ever before, it sounds like one of those radiation detecting machine thingys, should I just replace both fans?

My preference would have been the replace both fans the day it was bought. That particular stock fan is not one of my favorites. Any of the ML series will be substantially less noisy at 900-1100 rpm than most other fans on the market. That doesn't mean silent, but it is a drastic change in tone.

It is almost certain you don't need 2000 rpm 140mm fans, unless you are running long render type jobs with a 8-16 core CPU. There just isn't that much heat to dissipate and the limiting factor will be voltage at the pin side of the CPU. I benchmark my 215W 5930K and my 8700K@5.0GHz at around 1200-1300. The ML140-RGB will stop at 1140 rpm when faced with radiator resistance. Frankly that is about perfect since they become audible right around 1100 rpm. You can run these at 900-1000 and it is a very mild tone. The only reason to go for the 2000 rpm PRO or grey models is if you really need a 1-2C reduction. Those higher speeds are only of value if you actually run them and on a 6600K, it still may not help except in relation to general air exchange volume.

Archived