Corsair Community

Memory compatibility dilemma

Jawew

Hi,

I recently ordered a new PC and did the build by using pcpartpicker as a tool to check compatibility. I'm going to have Asus Rog Strix z390-E mobo and the memory is CMW16GX4M2C3200C14.

The problem now is that I was a fool not to check mobo QVL-lists before making the order and now noticed that almost none has that particular memory in their lists. Is there anyone with experience of this memory and its compatibility or should I just return the memory and get another one that fits the QVL-list before I unbox the sticks?

How accurate are the lists?

Thank you for the assistance!

Hi,

I recently ordered a new PC and did the build by using pcpartpicker as a tool to check compatibility. I'm going to have Asus Rog Strix z390-E mobo and the memory is CMW16GX4M2C3200C14.

The problem now is that I was a fool not to check mobo QVL-lists before making the order and now noticed that almost none has that particular memory in their lists. Is there anyone with experience of this memory and its compatibility or should I just return the memory and get another one that fits the QVL-list before I unbox the sticks?

How accurate are the lists?

Thank you for the assistance!

The ones in the lists are ones that were tested and work. The ones not in the list didn't work or were not tested. It isn't practical for them to test every SKU. There is a lot of over lap. To be honest I think you will be fine I am pretty sure most/all 3200Mhz 14CL RAM uses Samsung B-Die. There is gskill memory on the QVC list match the speed and the timings of the 14-14-14-34 and is B-die. I think you will be fine. There was a lot of concern with first Gen Ryzen and XMP, though as you are using Intel and Samsung B-Die is very good, I think you are covered. There is more issues when pushing RAM at higher speeds, though 3200 is a very comfortable speed. I think you should be fine :)

Hey, hey!

I have an older ASUS z270-e motherboard and had zero issues getting CMW32GX4M4C3200C16 working. They replaced G.Skill memory, so when the motherboard started up, it shut down immediately. 3 seconds later, it booted. BIOS detected the memory, flipped to the appropriate XMP timings and that was it.

Should note that the memory will be default rainbow when your system is booting, but they will turn off once iCUE loads up. You will have to go into iCUE and manually add the colours to each stick within the profile you are using.

Archived