Corsair Community

Gigabyte Gaming 7 with Vengeance Pro problem

Hossam_M

I purchased VENGEANCE RGB PRO 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C16 from a few days ago with M.B Gigabyte x470 Gaming 7

when mount the ram for first time RGB working Probably but when install ICU Software with RGB Fusion(Gigabyte) the two Ram light with red light only and when I try to change the color from ICU software not respond.

Please, help me to overcome this problem

Taken Actions:-

- Reinstall ICU software

- uninstall RGB Fusion and disable it from Bios

- update BIOS to F5 Version

- change place of RAM to all 4 DIMM

IMG_20181012_024411.thumb.jpg.691e8a1831ba526e8670078a5dd7e2b5.jpg

Do you have SPD Write enabled in the BIOS? If you don't find the option, please contact Gigabyte support to see if it's supported on that board and, if so, what you need to do to enable it.

I never had to enable anything in the BIOS. Granted I am running a Z370 Gaming 7 vs. his x470 Gaming 7.

The RAM control is a bit tricky as it uses the SMBUS as opposed to connecting directly iCUE via a USB device.

Couple options:

1) Pull power for a few minutes and try it again. RGB Fusion that can lock up the lights that requires power to remove (possible race condition). Granted removing RAM you should have removed the power/flipped the switch.

2) Don't use RGB Fusion till we figure it out.

3) Update Firmware of RAM, I just got some RAM it had a new firmware. (under settings)

4) Enable Advance Software control in settings menu for he RAM.

5) Complete uninstall of iCUE and then fresh install

I think on my GB motherboard the RGB likes to default to RED. This is after reflashing my Bios to F7 (z370) and a fresh install of Windows.

I purchased VENGEANCE RGB PRO 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C16 from a few days ago with M.B Gigabyte x470 Gaming 7

when mount the ram for first time RGB working Probably but when install ICU Software with RGB Fusion(Gigabyte) the two Ram light with red light only and when I try to change the color from ICU software not respond.

Please, help me to overcome this problem

Taken Actions:-

- Reinstall ICU software

- uninstall RGB Fusion and disable it from Bios

- update BIOS to F5 Version

- change place of RAM to all 4 DIMM

I have the exact same motherboard as you. I got my ram kit months ago and it worked like a charm with iCUE until I updated my bios fw today. I updated from F2 to F5 and now cannot control my vengeance pro rgb kit with iCUE. I'm currently running the dimms in my asrock x370 itx and it's working as intended.

the problem i was hoping to resolve with the bios update was getting the ram rgb to turn off in sleep mode. obviously, i can't figure it out now.

It's most likely an issue due to gigabytes firmware.

• Corsair Employee
So, I downgraded my Aorus X470 Gaming 7 WiFi BIOS to F2 and am running iCUE version 3.6.109 and now my RGB Ram is in perfect working order.

So maybe Corsair needs to fix their software to work with the new BIOS revision.

Looks more like a bios limitation, can you try the latest version of iCUE?

-Art

So, I downgraded my Aorus X470 Gaming 7 WiFi BIOS to F2 and am running iCUE version 3.6.109 and now my RGB Ram is in perfect working order.

So maybe Corsair needs to fix their software to work with the new BIOS revision.

I had a same problem with x470 g7 board, contacted Gigabyte support and they told me that they were able to reproduce the issue and working on bios update. F4g bios worked for me to have my RGB lighting on.

• Corsair Employee
I had a same problem with x470 g7 board, contacted Gigabyte support and they told me that they were able to reproduce the issue and working on bios update. F4g bios worked for me to have my RGB lighting on.

Thanks for the confirmation, it's as I thought.

-Art

Also did this after much frustration and it also worked. However I also had to run the firmware update inside the iCUE then it was all working perfectly!

Archived