Corsair Community

Striker 2 Extreme - TW3X2G1600C9DHX

purkiss

I am building a new gaming rig with the asus striker 2 extreme motherboard and Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 2.66 GHz. My supplier has the TW3X2G1600C9DHX corsair memory modules. I will be installing 4Gb of these modules.

Will they work? Or should i go for 1333Mhz modules?

I would go with 2 X 2048MB. If you install with 4 X 1024, you can have quite a few issues and keep in mind that it is advised to drop the bandwidth if you populate all four DRAM slots. In other words, if you populate all four DRAM slots, it is advised for you to drop the 1600Mhz bandwidth to 1333.

I would not go that way personally.

Research:

http://www.houseofhelp.com/v3/showthread.php?t=64360&highlight=Unpredictable+results+QUAD2X4096+Gigabyte+X38-DS5

So ideally, the TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB (2x2GB) PC3-10600 (1333MHz) modules will work better (and without issues) on the striker 2 extreme.

And filling the 4 banks is not ideal, even with 4x2Gb modules. Am I right?

Thx for the feedback. I appreciate it.

So ideally, the TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB (2x2GB) PC3-10600 (1333MHz) modules will work better (and without issues) on the striker 2 extreme.

Yes.

And filling the 4 banks is not ideal, even with 4x2Gb modules. Am I right?[/Quote]

Yes, in terms of both system stability and performance the four DRAM slot population is far from ideal.

I contacted my supplier and changed the ram modules to 2x2Gb (1333Mhz) modules. Hopefully all necessary parts will be available next week.

As soon as i have my new rig up and running, i will benchmark it and post some results.

Thx.

• 2 weeks later...

I assembled my new rig. The TW3X4G1333C9DHX G set of ram I installed are crashing randomly during memtest (Test 2). Vista 64bit boots fine but I am encountering the occasional freeze every now and then.

Motherboard BIOS settings are set on Auto.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

• Corsair Employee
Please make sure that you have the latest Bios version and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 1.7 volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Latest BIOS installed. Still the same problem with both modules installed

Done manual timings and voltage as suggested. Still have the same problem.

Removed one of the modules and passed memtest with no errors.

Will go to my supplier for replacement.

:(

my bad. I almost afk from here and forget to check up this forum .

maybe If i am here . I can stop you before do it .

anyway . :( welcome to "sli lock up issue community "

we are here . http://vip.asus.com/forum/topic.aspx?elitepost=0&SLanguage=en-us&board_id=1&model=Striker+II+Extreme

only 1 way to use it fully performance. just keep stay at Bios 0402 and not use SLI . that a full performance of it and stable.

I wnana do this too .. but at this time no one telling me about how to get back to 0402 . and If i risk to do it and my Mainboard need RMA. its mean

I must buy new mainboard. couz it spend too long time.

reinstalled both ram

disabled usb legacy support

done ram manual timings of 9-9-9-24

increased the ram voltage to 1.72v from the sugggested manufacturer 1.70v

passed memtest with no errors.

will redo the test after work today. will keep you posted

Went to BIOS and done manual settings wherever possible. rerun memtest 2.01 and passed with 4Gb installed.

Reformatted and downloaded the latest nvidia nforce 790i ultra sli driver from nvidia.com and installed them rather than the asus one.

Vista 64bit is more stable now and did not encounter a single BSOD or freeze so far.

Will test it on COD4 and Crysis and will let u know how it goes.

Next upgrade: Video Card :D:

Thx everybody for the support

Archived