Corsair Community

Stumped and Not Cricket either

ifixit

I have a couple sticks 3200mhz Vengence RGB Pro.

Using xmp mode.

MB tuf gamin plus X470

Windows 10 home x64 all updates.

Ram stuck at red.

Link app see's it, Icue doesn't.

Link app cannot change colours.

I also have a K95, commander pro, lighting whats'it, H115I, 4 HD 140 fans, 4 temp sensors, 2 fans on commander, 2 fans on AIO, which are all detected by icue and link fine.

I installed Icue first, had problem discribed tried link to see ,,it see's the ram as stated.

Can anyone assist please.

• Corsair Employee

Hello ifixit,

The part number should start with CMW located on the module(s) for a Vengeance RGB Pro kit. If you're still having issues, I'd suggest calling our Customer Service team. They should be able to help fix any account/ticket creation issues.

OK seems new bioses after agesa 1006 update wreck the Dram in that you cannot see the ram in Icue , nor change it's colour(because icue doesn't see it)

To fix roll back your bios to post Agesa 1006 update. For me this was noted in the bios revisions, i went back to 4018. I had been on the latest 4207(ASUS x470 ROG Strix)

To be brief..roll back your bios until they work. Test at each revision until you find it..

Oh ps if you can't get your Ram to run at full speed, 2 sticks only not 4 and use the second bank in duel config,

Worked on every X470 board i've had. :) thats a tuf and a rog.

Somethings up with having them in first bank a1/a2

Thanks i found the part number in bios SPD. Thankfully, as i have a riser ribbon and access after build was just plain tricky. Then a found the answer anyway on a hunch. Well i read someones success in rolling back bios revisions(due to Agesa 1006 update) and tried it myself.

Will need to wait till manufacturers bring out a fix, or corsair does, not sure which can fix.

• Corsair Employee

Hello ifixit,

We are definitely aware of the issue and will do anything we can on our end to resolve the issue. With my personal experience with these issues, I do believe it is almost entirely BIOS related and that a future BIOS update will resolve the issue as it has for other boards.

Archived