Corsair Community

Commander Pro and Linux?

donalgodon

There is no software for Linux.

What will happen is that the CoPro will run whatever is stored in its internal memory. If you have your CoPro configured to use built-in temperature sensors, those fan curves will run. If you have your CoPro configured to use external/software based sensors ... I think (off the top of my head) that they fans will run a full speed. Though ... tbh, I'm not 100% sure about that one.

What will happen is that the CoPro will run whatever is stored in its internal memory. If you have your CoPro configured to use built-in temperature sensors, those fan curves will run. If you have your CoPro configured to use external/software based sensors ... I think (off the top of my head) that they fans will run a full speed. Though ... tbh, I'm not 100% sure about that one.

I have my system running on a custom curve based around GPU temps, since my CPU cooler is rock solid at keeping temps low. Is the custom fan curve be saved into memory?

I'm not using any of the included sensor strips.

A custom curve based on GPU temps requires Link to run.

While I understand where you are coming from with that, I'd suggest using a power curve that's indirectly based off of the GPU temps and is indicative of the issue that you are trying to keep under control ... internal case temperature. Put temp leads above and below the GPU. Use those as your fan curve source. That'll run on the CoPro itself and you'll have the same fan curve in Windows as in Linux.

A custom curve based on GPU temps requires Link to run.

While I understand where you are coming from with that, I'd suggest using a power curve that's indirectly based off of the GPU temps and is indicative of the issue that you are trying to keep under control ... internal case temperature. Put temp leads above and below the GPU. Use those as your fan curve source. That'll run on the CoPro itself and you'll have the same fan curve in Windows as in Linux.

That's a good idea. I'll give it a try (assuming I can find where I stored the leads!) :laughing:

• 10 months later...

To clarify, as long as I have the CoPro programmed (via iQue I assume in Windows) to use the thermal probes that came with the package, those fan curves will run even when I boot into Linux, but any curves based on motherboard temps will not? Or do I have it backwards?

Built-in vs external... built-in means included thermal probes or does it mean motherboard sensors? External meaning external to the CoPro system, or external to the motherboard. Can you please elaborate on what you meant by "built-in temperature sensors" VS "external/software based sensors."

Thank you for your patience.

Archived