Corsair Community

One Pro - Power Failure

dhwalt

I have been following this forum and when the Pro appeared on Amazon UK made a purchase for delivery next day, Thurs 6 Jul. Delivered on the 6th, updated (a long process which included the Creators Update), software installed and running on the 8th. A power on failure morning of the 9th stopped me in my tracks. Returned for an Amazon refund on the 10th - a short but epic life of 3 days!

What went wrong? No warnings and from a cold start the power button clicked but no lights on the motherboard or any other response. Checked the power outlet, kettle lead and tried on/off etc. Disconnect power and after a short delay a click from inside the Pro i.e. power to the switch draining. Probably a PSU issue but not a situation for opening up the unit. Yes, I have contacted Corsair's warranty system.

Dave

I just purchased a ONE Pro 2 days ago and after reading a few of these threads I 'am starting to wonder if I made a huge mistake. :/ Any clue what is up with this machine?! It would seem like there is a faulty batch of units as an Amazon seller in the search results locked out the ability to purchase this pc due to too many bad reviews/complaints.

-_-

I just purchased a ONE Pro 2 days ago and after reading a few of these threads I 'am starting to wonder if I made a huge mistake. :/ Any clue what is up with this machine?! It would seem like there is a faulty batch of units as an Amazon seller in the search results locked out the ability to purchase this pc due to too many bad reviews/complaints.

-_-

Thats interesting as i recieved my corsair one pro at the start of july in that same batch of restock for amazon.co.uk.

I have been hammering it since then with a very heavily modded fallout 4 running at 1440P with no issues at all. Cpu core temps do not rise above 60 c and gpu sits at around 50-60 c. Maybe some of the units were rushed and i was lucky. I guess we will have to wait and see if any more from this batch develop issues.

• Corsair Employee
Thats interesting as i recieved my corsair one pro at the start of july in that same batch of restock for amazon.co.uk.

I have been hammering it since then with a very heavily modded fallout 4 running at 1440P with no issues at all. Cpu core temps do not rise above 60 c and gpu sits at around 50-60 c. Maybe some of the units were rushed and i was lucky. I guess we will have to wait and see if any more from this batch develop issues.

Those are the correct temps users should be seeing. However, different ambient temperatures can vary for each user's room. Should there be any issues, we will take care of you with dedicated support for CORSAIR ONE.

JaeMelo,

We want your experience with CORSAIR ONE to be a pleasant one, and that if you purchase a CORSAIR ONE from our authorized retailers you will be taken care of. :)

Well guys so far so good. Mine has not died yet *knock on wood* however I did notice a chirping sound coming from where I believe is the power supply. It sounds exactly like a cricket singing in the bushes after it has rained hard here in Bermuda lol.

I did a quick google search and apparently this is the sound emitted from failing capacitors. Possibly the ones in the PSU. I guess I'll just have to wait and see; until then I'll just roll along and enjoy it!

Bermudian here. That distinctive sound you hear at night or after it rains are tree frogs, not crickets.

Ehhh, I'm listening to the tree frogs right now here in Paget as we speak and they do not sound anything like my PSU noise. This is exactly the sound I hear from my PSU near idle.

[ame=https://youtu.be/Z4KcLNg8SB8]https://youtu.be/Z4KcLNg8SB8[/ame]

You can actually hear the tree frogs in the background and the distinction is quiet clear. The next time it rains record the sound after. It sounds much faster and less soothing like the sound of tree frogs imo.

I'm listening to the tree frogs right now here in Paget as we speak and they do not sound anything like my PSU noise.

Yes, you're right. Sounds just like a cricket.

Hearing those tree frogs in the background makes me miss home. I'm away at university and don't get to hear them much anymore. Thank you for the memories.

I shudder to think of the duty you must have paid on that unit...

Yes, you're right. Sounds just like a cricket.

Hearing those tree frogs in the background makes me miss home. I'm away at university and don't get to hear them much anymore. Thank you for the memories.

I shudder to think of the duty you must have paid on that unit...

Yea... Thanks for that link however on the tree frogs. It was interesting to read the foreigners take on the ambient noise. Now that I think of it, when I use to live in Rhode Island all id hear were cars and planes so I guess the frogs are blessing in comparison lol.

Regarding the duty; LOL. I definitely got wallet raped.

Archived