The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Enthusiasts Section > System Builds, Modding, Custom Components, and Picture Gallery

Old 02-05-2017, 11:05 AM

POST ID # = 889986
MetallicAcid Reputation: 10
Default Welcome to the final photos!!

Please stay tuned to the thread as I am working on a few more videos for this project :) ;) First video is the entire process of bending pipes for the water loop. The second video is the finished project video.

Thanks for looking, and I hope you enjoy my entry into the competition :)

Last edited by MetallicAcid; 02-09-2017 at 11:28 AM.

Old 02-09-2017, 09:16 AM
CaptCoco's PC Specs

POST ID # = 890574
CaptCoco Reputation: 10

I totaly love Your mod! I have the same case and was thinking about further modding options. Could You tell me what Kind og riser cable/card You used to get the GPU mounted like You did? And what size has the rad (slim, normal etc.)?
Thanks in advance and Keep up the ggod work!

Old 02-09-2017, 11:27 AM

POST ID # = 890586

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCoco View Post
I totaly love Your mod! I have the same case and was thinking about further modding options. Could You tell me what Kind og riser cable/card You used to get the GPU mounted like You did? And what size has the rad (slim, normal etc.)?
Thanks in advance and Keep up the ggod work!
Cheers man!! I thought it seemed a bit quite after I posted the photos haha. I might have to post the thread on social media to raise awareness :)

The riser was actually a gift from Phanteks for a different recently completed project. You can find other companies that sell risers like 3M, Thermaltake and Lian Linfor example.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:11 PM
CaptCoco's PC Specs

POST ID # = 890614
CaptCoco Reputation: 10

Tanks for the Quick response. I might go with either 3M Or Lian Li due to the negative reviews for the Thermaltake riser.

Old 02-16-2017, 04:06 PM
kEvln's PC Specs

POST ID # = 891536
kEvln Reputation: 10

hey man nice build. I like how you made the custom panels covering the management and wires. Was wondering if you can make another one and sell it to me lol

Old 03-02-2017, 12:32 PM

POST ID # = 893540

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCoco View Post
Tanks for the Quick response. I might go with either 3M Or Lian Li due to the negative reviews for the Thermaltake riser.
No problem man. Hope you find a good one that doesn't fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kEvln View Post
hey man nice build. I like how you made the custom panels covering the management and wires. Was wondering if you can make another one and sell it to me lol
Thank you buddy! There might be something like this in the future ;) But at the moment I do not have so much time because of the many projects that I have in the works..

Old 03-02-2017, 12:36 PM

POST ID # = 893541
Default Final build video is now live!

So after a long time of being busy with work, looking after my sick kids and being really sick myself, I have finally found the time to work on the final video for the completed XV project!

I really hope that you enjoy this video, and please feel free to drop me a comment with any constructive criticism that you might have. :)

Take care and thank you for taking the time to check it out :D

Old 03-03-2017, 04:01 PM

POST ID # = 893698
Martiks Reputation: 10
Default PSU measurements Cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetallicAcid View Post
Hello everybody!

Finally time for some updates with this project! Some will be in video format, and I will then try to catch up with posting some photos to compliment those films.

Coming soon will be a nice video of the watercooling routing, and also the final build with voice over commentary explaining the mod and the various pieces that go into making this project unique :)

In this following video I start work on v1 of the PSU shroud. Here I create the plate which covers the cables, and will also act as the mount for the SSD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvs8nMg2Mhc

Here is the PSU shroud after the SSD hole was made, and the alu got a nice lick of paint!

After this mod was done, and I started with the first try of the cable routing, I realized that I needed more space so that the cables can fit. The HX1200 is a very long PSU and took up more space than I anticipated.

Stay tuned for the next update!
Hi, can you tell me the exact measurements of the PSU front cover, it looks awesome, and what is it aluminium metal or plastic and do you know the name of the exact colour. Thanks you!!
Martiks.

Tags
570x, corsair, crystal, metallicacid