Corsair Community

Corsair H100i v2 - Causing Shut down?

cquest

Hi!

I just built my first computer. Here are the parts: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/cquest/saved/9pGhqs

The problem is. When I power up the computer and hit f12 and get to the bios the computer shuts down after like 30 seconds. Like someone just hit the power switch.

Im not sure whats causing this but I have a theory that something is wrong with the corsair cpu watercooler. Because during thoose like 30 seconds I can toogle around in bios. I noticed that the cpu temperature is almost 90 degrees celsius. Could it be that the computer shuts down as a safety measure because the cpu gets to hot?

Se attached images:

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

IMG_6847.jpg

If anyone have any idea how to solve this, that would be awesome.

Many thanks!

What fan header is the cooler plugged into?

and, more importantly, is that fan header set to 100% in the bios?

If you have an AIO header, this is usually set like that. You'll need a fan in the cup fan though or you'll get an error for that.

the pump needs a full 12v and you won't get that unless that fan header is at 100%. Note that it won't affect the speed of the fans on the radiator. The pump will control those.

The header is less important than the configuration ... whatever header it's on needs to be at 100%. See http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=168801.

If the pump is on CPU_OPT, what's on CPU_FAN1? Anything? It doesn't look like it from your screen shots but thought I'd ask.

Finally, on some boards, CPU_OPT follows/mirrors CPU_FAN1 (Asus, for example). I'm not sure if this is the same for Asrock but if you can't configure CPU_OPT separately, it probably is. Which means that you'd need to set CPU_FAN1 to 100% for it to power the pump correctly if it's on CPU_OPT.

Aha, Cool! Yes you are correct, there is nothing connected to CPU_FAN1. Ill try definitely try plugging it in to CPU_FAN1 instead when I get home from work.

Ok, also i off course will check the configuration, but because the computer shuts down after like 30 seconds. I will have a short window of time to go in and double check that the fans run at 100 percent an configure it to do so.

Thanks again for your help!

Let us know.

Another option ... if you have a molex-to-fan connector, that would work too. If you used that and all was good, then it your issue is definitely that the fan header wasn't providing enough power.

If, however, your fan header is set to 100%, you have a pump issue. It would be time for RMA.

So let's hope that you just need to set the fan header to 100%.

When I came home I did three things:

1. Took an extra look at the mounting. And it actually turned out that I had been using the wrong stand offs when mounting the the pump to cpu. There where actually three different types of stand offs included with the Corsair pump. I had been using the longer ones which meant that the cooler didn’t make proper contact.

2. I moved the cable from CPU_OPT/W_PUMP to CPU_FAN1.

3. In bios I set the CPU_FAN1 to 100% speed.

Now everything works like a charm!

Thanks for your help DevBiker!

Archived