Corsair Community

Corsair Force firmware update not recognising drive

3Duser

Hi guys.

I purchased the Force 120 about 10 days ago, and have just set up the operating system (I had to wait for the ram delivery)

This is my first time using an SSD, and I am not sure if I made mistake or not (perhaps this is causing my problem).

Before I installed the OS, I switched the SATA mode over to AHCI.

I then installed Windows 7 from the disc.

Once that was done, I went about the business of installing the chipset and drivers. I then fully updated windows, and then updated the BIOS.

All went quite smoothly, except that I noticed that the SATA mode had changed to IDE in the BIOS, so I changed it back again.

I then rebooted and downloaded the Force series 2.0 update tool and firmware. I went to update as instructed, but the tool can't find the drive.

Any ideas? Have I made a big mistake somewhere?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers

is there another PC you can try the update on? or a different port to start?

Yes, I have two other machines I could try it on. I'll give your suggestions of different machine and a different port a shot.

Cheers for the help.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem in Windows 7 and the program is run as administrator. AHCI mode is on, the drive is F40, MS Windows is installed on different drive.

Crystal, HD Tune, ATTO - they all recognize the drive without problems.

I have the same problem in Windows 7 and the program is run as administrator. AHCI mode is on, the drive is F40, MS Windows is installed on different drive.

Crystal, HD Tune, ATTO - they all recognize the drive without problems.

It's not enough to have an administrator account, you have to right click the update program and click run as administrator.

Archived