Corsair Community

HD120/Commander pro lighting issues

MFerry

I'm officially stumped and looking for help with my HD120 fans and the lighting hub not working correctly. I currently have 6 HD120 fans paired with a commander pro. With that being said only 2 lights are currently illuminating and I can only control one of those two lights via ICUE (Only the fan plugged into slot #1 on the lighting hub is functional with the CP lighting). I can see all of the fans in ICUE and I can control their RPM's I just cannot get the lighting to work properly. I've opened two tickets with IT Support and we have replaced several parts so far with no luck. If I remove the commander pro, I'm able to fully use the fans and lighting... Introduce the commander pro and the issues start occurring. Below are the list of items I have replaced:

1. Commander Pro - I'm currently on my 2nd unit and it's behaving the same as the first one

2. Lighting hub that comes with the HD120 triple pack. I now own 4 lighting hubs and they all act similar and I've never been able to get more than 2 fans to illuminate when the commander pro is used for power.

3. Issue started with iLink so I have tested multiple versions of the software

4. I'm remove and reinstalled ICUE multiple times

5. I've fully re-imaged the PC and get the same result.

6. I've reset the commander pro to factory default multiple times and no luck

7. I've changed the lighting order and most of the time only 1 light will work and it's fully functional. Only the light plugged into slot #1 gives me the commander pro functionality in regards to Visor, rainbow spiral lighting.

8. I've changed cases just to eliminate any cabling issues with the case

9. I've swapped the order on the lighting hub to use LED control #1 and #2 and I have gone into ICUE and selected HD fans and 6 total fans.

10. I've removed the Aura RGB software for the motherboard and the EVGA lighting software for my graphics card to ensure they were not interfering

11. I have the CP and lighting hub plugged into their own SATA power cable to ensure there is nothing else going on there as well

I'm sure I have done more that I just can't recall but I'm hoping there is something simple and obvious that I'm overlooking at this time. Attached are two picture I have taken where I have changed the fan order and still running into the same results. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Corsair1.PNG.1664d56136ce924b460e3676276012e8.PNG

Corsair2.PNG.9597b3a394249e111fcd8ef657ca83ab.PNG

Hi buddy

just to Confirm,, the fans that are Lit up are in ports 1 and 2 of the RGB Fan LED Hub?

What happens if you move fan 2 to port 6 and move the others down the chain?.. so 3 fan to port 2. fan 4 to port 3. fan 5 to port 4 and fan 6 to port 5.... any change?

I assume you have 6 fans selected in lighting setup for the Commander Pro. and a lighting effect applied to all 6 fans.....

I tried moving all of the fans and which order they are plugged into the lighting hub with no luck. Currently whichever fan is plugged into port #1 will light up and use the CP lighting options (rainbow wave, visor, etc...) outside of that, occasionally port #2 will work with a certain fan but not with all of them. One of the screen shots attached (corsair 1) shows both fans working with the CP lighting functions. When I change the order, only port #1 will work (see Corsair 2 SS). I have confirmed that all 6 fans are selected in ICUE and lighting is applied to them.

Archived