Corsair Community

[Fix] High CPU Usage of iCue 3.3.103!

solarity

Hello. First thing sorry for my language.

I've recently bought corsair commander pro.

I've installed Link, it couldn’t see my fans so i tried to update

CP to last firmware version but it freeze at 0%.

After canceling installation Link couldn’t see CP.

Reinstalling link allowed me to force update CP (installation went to 100%

and then stopped at detecting device, i had to cancel)

Link still couldn’t see CP so i installed icue.

icue let me to manage my fans but...

Here is my real problem icue and link are creating 10-20% load (jumping all over all cores) on cpu.

I've read in this thread that newest version of software got rid of this problem,

but not in my case...

I have to delete icue in order load to drop because even if it's closed my cpu is

on load, after deleting load drops to normal (0-1%)

I have commander pro and rapidfire k70 from corsair.

If someone could help me i would be grateful

Try downloading the latest version of iCue directly from the website: https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/icue

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you use Icue and Link, alot of function in Link are disabled, and take over by Icue.

If i was you, i should uninstall Link, and use the lastest version of Icue. You can do everything in Icue.

Also be sure you dont have software running like Asus Aura, which can mess with Icue.

CPU locks to highest multiplier already when icue installer start installing driver

and stays at max multiplier all the time even when icue is turned off.

Only uninstalling icue helps.

What you mean with CPU Multiplier? You have high CPU load when you install the software. You said that when you installed new firmware for the Commander Pro, that i got stuck at 0%. You upgraded it with Link. Maybe something went corrupt?

Maybe you can try manual flash to an older CP firmware (downgrade) and look if it works.

What you can do first is, disconnect the commander pro (USB connector) and run Icue, you still have high load? Do the lights on the K70 work? If so, maybe the CP is really the problem, because you had also problems with updating it.

So please try disconnect the CP for a moment and try Icue. If K70 keyboard reacts on Icue and you have low load, you know the CP is the problem.

Edited by Oxize

I think the issue Lanc is having is he might have overclocked his PC and have it set to use dynamic voltage and under clock when the system isn't under load. I think I have seen this complaint from other people regarding iCue, though it is a different bug than the high CPU usage. I had a similar dynamic voltage overclock on my last system. I haven't attempted it yet on my Coffee Lake.

Why should you underclock your system? You will see that minimal back in the electricity bill.

I have an Rampage VI Extreme with an I7 7820x which is stock 3.6ghz. And i putted the boost on 4.8ghz. But i kept the C-states on (which changes cpu multiplier and gives speeds between 3.6ghz and 4.8ghz depending on what work the cpu have to do.

And i shouldnt mess with the core voltage unless you overclock at high clocks when for example 4.8ghz isnt stable at my side.

I dont experience such behaviour like Lanc. But he still didnt said what other software he is running. Did he uninstall Link? Does he have Asus software also installed?

My software:

Msi Afterburner

Core temp

Razer Rynapse

Brother control center

Logitech lcd manager

Steam

Blizzard app

Nothing else in tray.

I turned off everytyhing of this and still max clock after installing icue or link.

Im operating on Win7 64bit.

I did uninstall link.(I think when link and icue were togather i had even more cpu load).

No Asus software. ;/

Edited by Lanc
wrong letter

well i tried early build of icue and have issues with PC BSODS after installing it, tried now the newest version still random restarts of whole PC.

Yes my PC is overclocked but tested and proved to be stable with prime95 etc.

My PC info

Windows 10 insider latest release

Intel 8600K @ 4.8Ghz, 16G of RAM (non OCed yet), Nvidia 1070, K70LUX

Why should you underclock your system? You will see that minimal back in the electricity bill.

I have an Rampage VI Extreme with an I7 7820x which is stock 3.6ghz. And i putted the boost on 4.8ghz. But i kept the C-states on (which changes cpu multiplier and gives speeds between 3.6ghz and 4.8ghz depending on what work the cpu have to do.

And i shouldnt mess with the core voltage unless you overclock at high clocks when for example 4.8ghz isnt stable at my side.

I dont experience such behaviour like Lanc. But he still didnt said what other software he is running. Did he uninstall Link? Does he have Asus software also installed?

I think the idea was less heat production when not under load. Having a PC in a small room gets hot quickly. At least that is why I had it clock down, when not under full load.

well i tried early build of icue and have issues with PC BSODS after installing it, tried now the newest version still random restarts of whole PC.

Yes my PC is overclocked but tested and proved to be stable with prime95 etc.

My PC info

Windows 10 insider latest release

Intel 8600K @ 4.8Ghz, 16G of RAM (non OCed yet), Nvidia 1070, K70LUX

You can add your system specs in your User CP. You can see a drop down under our name.

Hi guys, I've updated the latest version and the issue with cpu usage has gone.

But I can still reproduce the old issue: the lighting of fans becomes "crazy" after I sleep my PC then wake it up. "Crazy" means: the light turns off and turn on very fast continuously with default rainbow effect along with the effect that I select.

The only way is to restart my PC. The issue went away after restart. But it is still a pain in the neck if I cannot sleep my PC just because of using iCUE.

Please help! Thank you.

Hi guys, I've updated the latest version and the issue with cpu usage has gone.

But I can still reproduce the old issue: the lighting of fans becomes "crazy" after I sleep my PC then wake it up. "Crazy" means: the light turns off and turn on very fast continuously with default rainbow effect along with the effect that I select.

The only way is to restart my PC. The issue went away after restart. But it is still a pain in the neck if I cannot sleep my PC just because of using iCUE.

Please help! Thank you.

Corsair is aware of the issue. Best solution right now is to avoid sleeping your computer or putting it into standby. http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=177368&page=2

• 2 weeks later...
@devbiker @inheritance

any new version comming soon, with fixes which we showed on page 10?

Version 3.4 has been out for a while. If iCue doesn't automatically install, you may need to download from the main page. It has much better CPU utilization.

Version 3.5 is in process but I don't have a date for it yet.

• 1 month later...
Yes latest version I believe. ICUE says it’s the latest....

That should be 3.5.111. If so, start a new thread so people will pay attention and they will probably want logs. This was a sizable annoyance and if it is creeping back up you won't be the only one.

I have/had this issue where I get CPU spikes that causes my games to lag every 5-10 secs. Very annoying when streaming. If I fully shutdown iCUE, it stops.

My only solution was to fully remove iCUE and drop down to CUE2.

This means I lost my Lighting Node Pro and I ended up selling it off anyway.

I consider iCUE still in beta regardless of what anyone else says.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I found this thread after Corsair responded to my complaint about the issue.

My CPU usage was 25-28% with 6 devices connected in iCue.

I have now updated iCue to the patched version from their website, ver 3.15.101 and....

CPU usage is still 25%.

The offending process is: Corsair.Service.CpuldRemote

This process is stacking 26% on my CPU.

The process Corsair.Service (32 bit) is stacking around 2.5-2.9%.

This makes my total CPU usage 31% and consequently, minor fluctuations in heat build up and due to my fan profile setting, the H150i rad fans keep increasing/decreasing speed.

I don't know why this forum of users is having to try and fix the issue?

As far as I'm concerned, this is a warranty issue as I've only used iCue and 6 brand new Corsair products for around 1 month! (Recent new build)

While I don't agree myself, it's not hard to see why so many people are slagging off iCue software on the internet and various forums.

Come on Corsair! You need to step in and fix this issue.

Edited by CommandoLee

Are you running the Vengeance RGB memory?

If so, uncheck "Enable Full Software Control" in the Settings. You'll have fewer effects but CPU usage will drop.

Also, note that this thread was started on 3.3. It's really not valid any longer. The cause of this issue was fixed a LONG time ago and isn't relevant to any issue that you are seeing today.