Corsair Community

K55 not recognized

Jul369

Hi.

There is the thing. Unpacked the keyboard literally few hours ago and it seems not functioning with my pc properly. The lights turn on, I can adjust them but except the BIOS itself its just doesn't type anything, doesn't respond at all. The funny part is, if I connect the keyboard to the laptop it works perfectly with no struggles at all. And to mention another fun fact, it's not recognized ad a keyboard device in device manager, it's just being dropped under HID section. Trying to "update" drivers did not work too and there is no more information that i could gather that would be of help in this case. Sooo any ideas what could be the cause of this abnormality?

Thanks in advance.

Good luck with fixing your problem!

From what I have already read, try unplugging and holding down ESC and plug back in while still holding ESC down or ESC F1 plus the windows lock key while plugged in

Thanks. Unfortunately it did nothing, i tried the ESC holding previously but no luck with that. About ESC F1 and windows lock key I\m hearing for the first time and nope, still nothing. Thanks for the reply though.

I had a similar problem with my keyboard when I first plugged it in,

I had plugged it in to a USB 3 port, but when I plugged in to a USB 2 port it worked perfect. not sure why but keyboards don't seem to work with USB 3

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I have tried all of my USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports. That doesn't change a thing.

Might as well just submit a support ticket by the end of this day if no one else has more suggestions.

• 1 year later...