Corsair Community

Corsair T1 Chair Causing Hip Pain! HELP!

yyforum

So I just purchased the T1 chair (2017 version) from a retailer online. Day 1 with the chair was OK just needed to adjust lumbar pillow for the back. After that my hips started to get sore. Had the chair for a week now and the same constant hip pain.

I am a healthy individual (5'5", 150~ lbs) with no joint pains whatsoever until this chair. I believe the cause is that the bottom of the seat (where you sit) is angled too far that my knees are higher than my hips which is terrible ergonomics. I even have a footstool and it does not help at all. The only reason I bought a gaming chair was because they are supposed to be very comfortable for long gaming sessions. May need to go back to my $90 staples chair with tilt.

I honestly regret buying a chair with no angle tilt.

How can I fix the angle?

• Corsair Employees

Double check to make sure that the seat cushion (bottom of chair) has the control base mounted correctly. In the quick start guide (QSG), there's a diagram that shows the control base needs to be facing forward. If I recall correctly, it's possible to install it backwards by mistake.

Link to QSG for reference:

https://www.corsair.com/corsairmedia/sys_master/productcontent/T1_RACE_Gaming_Chair_QSG.pdf

Double check to make sure that the seat cushion (bottom of chair) has the control base mounted correctly. In the quick start guide (QSG), there's a diagram that shows the control base needs to be facing forward. If I recall correctly, it's possible to install it backwards by mistake.

Link to QSG for reference:

https://www.corsair.com/corsairmedia/sys_master/productcontent/T1_RACE_Gaming_Chair_QSG.pdf

Thanks for the reply CJ. The chair is assembled correctly, the front arrow faces the front of the seat. I have never had a problem like this in other chairs. This issue is very unfortunate. I like Corsair products (Corsair mouse, mat, keyboard, case, and components).

Archived