Corsair Community

Adding macros and keybinds using the FN key?

Pr3cast

I want to be able to use the FN key for more tasks. For example, I would love to be able to bind FN + 5 to NUMPAD 5 (I have a k65) It would also be nice to change FN + *letter* to different macros. However, I don't see how I can assign macros and keybinds to keyboard presses with multiple keys. Is there a way to do this?

However, I don't see how I can assign macros and keybinds to keyboard presses with multiple keys. Is there a way to do this?

Yes, there are ways to assign macros and keybinds to keyboard presses with multiple keys.

1. Let's say you want to add this functionality to a profile called "Profile 1".
  2. Go ahead and duplicate it and call the copy "Profile 2", to save your lighting effects, etc.
  3. Now make sure you edit "Profile 1", and add an action to switch to "Profile 2".
  4. If you want to keep the value of the first key press, note that CUE 2 allows you to set the first function of a "Text" action to type the key's character (e.g. if you wanted a multi-key function definition with the letter "a", for example). You would then set the "2nd action" to be the profile switching action you previously created.
  5. For cases where you only care about the second action, then in "profile 1" you would bind the key to switch to the second profile, where the second key would be bound to an action.

Archived