The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > CORSAIR ONE

Notices

Old 10-11-2017, 07:21 AM

POST ID # = 922940
wanneerniet Reputation: 10

I came across this article, testing the effects of PCIe scaling in great detail: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/...press_Scaling/

It only covers the GTX 1080, not the ti model unfortunately, but their findings did put my mind at ease a little.

The thing I still have trouble with is that at first this seemed an issue that was easily fixable by replacing a cable.

It doesn't seem very customer friendly to instead of replacing a cable to just 'downgrade' the product a little, on a machine that costs €3000 and boasts great customer support.

Old 10-11-2017, 08:21 AM

POST ID # = 922943
ltuts1 Reputation: 10

I bought mine from scan too and have proof in my receipt that it says 3.0 too. Happy to provide. I feel at this stage in time Corsair should reimburse a part of the cost. I am relatively ok with staying at Gen 2 vs. a refund, but it is not the advertised product. I have spoken to a friend who is a lawyer that specializes in many things (consumer rights being one of them), and will look at my options here.

Old 10-11-2017, 09:45 AM

POST ID # = 922951
Bigans Reputation: 10

Strange scan must have been told off as they have now changed the product spec to pcie n/a. I have a capture of all original spec that was posted to the site before it was changed last night. It also clearly states GEN3 on the motherboard road map which is on corsair ones help. Seems like someone is trying to cover things up here

Old 10-11-2017, 11:52 AM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 922957
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 40

There's no cover-up involved, just correction. The specification that SCAN posted didn't come from us, and they added that field on their own. That's why it's been removed, because it isn't accurate to the shipping product.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 10-11-2017, 11:57 AM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 922958

I'm glad we at least sort of got the situation sorted out for you. Like I said, we're working internally to improve the customer service situation. MY boss is personally handling it.

I was checking the specs on your monitor, and it should only be running up to 100Hz, not 120Hz. IIRC - and I could certainly be mistaken - the curved 34" panels running at 100Hz may require manual overclocking in the display driver as well. At any rate, if you're having trouble doing 120Hz on that display, it may be because it can't do 120Hz. :|

The PCIe bus dropping down to Gen 1.1 during non-gaming tasks actually sounds like a software/driver issue, not something specific to Corsair One's hardware. Can you tell me what you're running where the PCIe bus isn't going up to 2.0?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_ONE View Post
Thank you for your response on these matters.

After due consideration, I've determined that I should take the advice of some redditors and look at the Corsair One Pro as more of a high-end console/PC hybrid due to its upgradeability and design compromises. This way, I can manage my own expectations regarding the hardware. While I was aware of these issues somewhat, it took actually owning one and encountering this particular issue to see the truth of it. And, I'm okay with that. Because I'm not looking at this system from the perspective of upgradeability any more, so Gen 2 performance is okay with today's performance baseline. While I would prefer to have PCIe Gen3 capability, I understand for this system's overall design it'll be a necessary compromise, which no doubt will be addressed in future revisions of the product line, with the positive outlook it'll continue.

Now, the rep that contacted me yesterday by email and got my name wrong, contacted me again today, apologizing for getting my name wrong, and then got my name wrong again in this latest email. I...uhh...yeah.

However, while writing this, I JUST received a call from Deanna over there at Corsair, and she's taking care of the system swap. Although no one at Corsair has actually gone through any real troubleshooting with me in case I simply missed a setting or some other simple fix could've resolved the problem via software/configuration. In case it turns out to be hardware after all, this system swap is hopefully the simplest solution. Fingers crossed.

Normally I couldn't take a call during business hours like the one I received from Deanna, but her timing was a lucky happenstance. Happy days.

More than anything, I appreciate your recognition of the Corsair support issues, and it's good to know it's being worked on. I'll look forward to (hopefully not having to) experience Corsair's genuine 24/7 support if it's ever needed. Or at least some weekend/later evening hours, or active online tech support folks who are willing to offer to pick up a phone when a frustrated customer expresses an immediate need for assistance. That would be swell.

We'll see how this system RMA swap goes, and hopefully the new system resolves the issue I've experienced with running the Acer Z35P at 120Hz, along with the PCIe bus properly running at Gen 2 without dropping down to Gen 1.1 while high performance settings are enabled or during render tests.

Then the real testing (and hopefully design work and gaming) can begin!

...moderately hopeful, unsuccessfully fighting excitement...

-RC_ONE

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 10-11-2017, 01:31 PM

POST ID # = 922968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Dustin View Post
There's no cover-up involved, just correction. The specification that SCAN posted didn't come from us, and they added that field on their own. That's why it's been removed, because it isn't accurate to the shipping product.
Sorry Dustin, this is not correct, my first Corsair one was shipped to me working on GEN3 as it was in the lot numbers that were discussed on these forums and had problems with a faulty pcie cable, Corsair technical support advised that as a quick fix to go into the bios and select GEN2, so it clearly was sold to me on GEN3, so SCAN did not mis represent your product it’s how it came from the factory, it just didn’t work as you had a batch of faulty cables. My second Corsair one came back from you locked to GEN2, so technical support said they had a Corsair one GEN3 with all the correct hardware that they would send me, that too came locked to GEN2, due to Corsair changing bios settings and locking it down. So after the point of purchase, Corsair have downgraded my pc, so that’s why I am requesting a full refund, you have not fixed it, you’ve just put a sticking plaster over it. The Corsair one I have now is way out of the affected lot numbers. Thanks

Last edited by Bigans; 10-11-2017 at 01:40 PM.

Old 10-11-2017, 01:37 PM
RC_ONE's PC Specs

POST ID # = 922969
RC_ONE Reputation: 10

I have the UWQHD (3440x1440) Z35P version, not the Z35 or the 1080P version. Next time you're "checking the specs" of a component a customer mentions, it might help to confirm the specific model version the customer has before making assumptions. The Z35P display "overclocks" to 120Hz (It's a standard OSD menu feature of the display, calling it over-clocking is...seemingly a marketing decision). I say this as someone who's spent some time on the phone with Acer's more experienced Tier 2 support engineers because those screwballs at Acer advertised and issued a press release stating this monitor included a feature it didn't actually ship with and never supported and they've now admitted to this fact. The feature it was advertised with and doesn't have is Nvidia ULMB, so I'm very very familiar at this point with what this display is and isn't capable of across multiple high-end systems and configurations).

Moreover, you've forgotten I mentioned that I've already tested my display on a different PC with a GTX 1080Ti 11GB from another vendor at 120Hz all which work just fine out of the box with that system and my Z35P display.

I'm not having "trouble doing 120Hz on that display" because it can't do 120Hz. Because it can do 120Hz beautifully. I'm having trouble doing 85Hz, 100Hz, and 120Hz on that display ONLY with this Corsair One Pro. I realize mentioning the issue with 85Hz and 100Hz might have been helpful here on the forum. I did mention it when filing my Trouble Ticket. The Corsair One Pro is only functioning properly up to 60Hz via DisplayPort. I haven't tested HDMI, though as I understand it, HDMI doesn't do 120hz on this display at its native resolution, while DisplayPort does.

As for the PCIe bus dropping down to 1.1 during "non-gaming" tasks, it shouldn't happen during render tests (which is what I was doing software-wise) when Nvidia video and OS power modes are set to Performance. (disabling power management calls that result in PCIe step-down, especially when the PCIe Bus bandwidth is explicitly being tested).

And, that also answers your question. I was running render tests which explicitly test the bandwidth and state of the PCIe bus. For example, GPU-Z's Render Test option which I posted a screenshot of in this very thread 4 days ago. http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost...99&postcount=6 I'll post it again for you down below.

Now, as I mentioned before, I'm not arguing that the issue isn't potentially just a configuration option or setting, which is why when this all started I was hoping to speak with Tech Support during non-work hours when I can be at home in front of my Corsair One Pro and troubleshoot. And so I appreciate your trying to follow up. I'll leave it at that.

And, I'm glad to hear your boss is taking the customer service situation in hand.

Here's that screenshot again...

Quote:
I'm glad we at least sort of got the situation sorted out for you. Like I said, we're working internally to improve the customer service situation. MY boss is personally handling it.

I was checking the specs on your monitor, and it should only be running up to 100Hz, not 120Hz. IIRC - and I could certainly be mistaken - the curved 34" panels running at 100Hz may require manual overclocking in the display driver as well. At any rate, if you're having trouble doing 120Hz on that display, it may be because it can't do 120Hz. :|

The PCIe bus dropping down to Gen 1.1 during non-gaming tasks actually sounds like a software/driver issue, not something specific to Corsair One's hardware. Can you tell me what you're running where the PCIe bus isn't going up to 2.0?

Last edited by RC_ONE; 10-11-2017 at 02:13 PM.

Old 10-12-2017, 08:08 AM

POST ID # = 923049
jopa00 Reputation: 10
Default My third Corsair one pro 1080 TI

I just got my third one pro. 1 one GPU fans on 100%, 2 one fault graphic card. 3 One problem with black screen from time to time. Been asked to clear bios CMOS. Tetsing rigth now to see if it help.

Corsair you have to test your product before shipping. I have put many ours installing 3 computers, calling your helpdesk, Going to the store and demanded a replacement unit. First the said that it is giong to be repaired. I bought a machine for toons of dollars and it does not work from start. Give me a new one now a said. And they did at the store 1 time and second time and now third time. I would not accept to send away for repair a system that not work from start.

I will try to update here if CMOM clear bios help black screen.

I also got info from support to change pego setting at latest today 12/10. It seems that they are not aware that you have taken that option away.

Old 10-12-2017, 12:53 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 923075

bigans, I've done what I can. Your option is to return the product for a refund. Feedback on the PCIe issue has been heard loud and clear. There's nothing we can do for Z270-based Corsair Ones like yours, but any units built on future platforms will be guaranteed at PCIe 3.0.

RC_ONE, I did check the Acer Z35P. It's 100Hz. See for yourself: Acer Z35P

Now, that said, if Corsair One specifically isn't driving the monitor past 60Hz but other systems can and have, then yes, that's definitely a problem on our side separate from the PCIe gen issue.

As for the GPU-Z render test, I found that on a completely different system configuration (my test bench with an i7-8700K) with a GTX 1080, the GTX 1080 would idle at PCIe 1.1 regardless of what the power settings in the OS are. However, when running the Render Test on GPU-Z, it would max out the bus speed. So I need to investigate this further.

UPDATE: I've reproduced the issue you're experiencing on a reference unit here. We need to determine if it's just a quirk/bug that happens between C1 and GPU-Z or if it's a serious problem.

jopa00, I apologize for your heinous bad luck. We actually do test these extensively at the factory before shipping, although the PCIe ribbon issue turned out to be something that would only materialize after shipping for some mysterious reason. Tech support would've told you to set your PCIe gen setting to Gen 2, but if that option isn't available in BIOS, then you're already running at Gen 2. If they told you to set to Gen 3, let me know.

Last edited by Corsair Dustin; 10-12-2017 at 01:29 PM.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:46 PM

POST ID # = 923083

Thank you Dustin, I’ve got a refund in progress

Old 10-12-2017, 04:32 PM
RC_ONE's PC Specs

POST ID # = 923090

Dustin, you didn't pay attention to what I stated with regard to the Z35P, a monitor I physically own. Yes, the baseline setting (Acer calls it the Standard Refresh Rate) for the Z35P is 100Hz, however it comes out of the box with a 120Hz mode, which it's advertised with as an "overclock" (not via software or any modding by the user), but is a basic OSD function of the monitor itself, which I already pointed out. They've been extremely sketchy recently with their specification details on their own site for this product line, going so far as to remove information from old press releases on their own site (not remove the press releases themselves, but just remove information from the press release) to cover their ascii's after enticing customers with blatant lies...which I can factually prove with screenshots prior to their alterations, and phone conversations with their engineers and executives. So now they no longer mention Nvidia ULMB which the Z35P was originally promoted with but never supported, and they seem to be downplaying the 120Hz setting in their current marketing because it's not the "Standard" (default) setting for the display which may have caused some consumer confusion after initially being referenced by many promotional channels this way:

So I can understand your confusion if you didn't pay attention to what I'd stated and just checked Acer's unreliable site. A simple Google search for Z35P 120Hz would have cleared up your confusion with the first 6 search results:

Now, that said, I again appreciate your testing the the issues I've mentioned, but it's clear you don't accept anything I state (question everything is okay, how you do it...is another matter, especially for customer support), so if you'd like a video of the screen flickering issue when the refresh rate is set to 85Hz and above, just let me know. Though hopefully the new Corsair One Pro being swapped for this unit won't have the issue, and I'm going to ship this unit back the moment I have its replacement. I already paid up the advanced exchange hold to swap them as arranged with Deanna at Corsair, so hopefully I'll have the new unit by this weekend.

I've purposely been keeping my comments simple and easy to understand, but if you want to get slightly more technical, ASPM can be controlled in a number of ways on both the Motherboard through BIOS and various OS and driver settings. ASPM is the protocol used to control the PCIe state. When I say I've configured my system for Performance through OS and Nvidia configuration settings, I'm really saying I checked to see if ASPM was being overridden by the BIOS or was being respected by the higher level OS/Driver protocol management before mentioning the PCIe bus shouldn't have been dropping to the 1.1 spec while performing render testing with Performance profiles enabled. I'm a little rusty with system building and have less time on my hands for the whole process of build research/ordering/assembly/loading/testing/potential RMA's of bad components/waiting/replacing/testing & benchmarking...etc which is why I went with a Corsair One Pro, but I'm not uninformed just because I purposely choose to speak plainly instead of tossing jargon around to prove epeen, which I can do as needed when necessary. I say all this not because I think you don't know it, but you seem to need to know that I do.

Also, the issue isn't just between C1 and GPU-Z. I'll leave it at that.

I am wondering, if even when set to 2.0, whether my PCIe bus is staying in one of the low power states, despite actively being set to 2.0 - that might explain this behavior.

Which leads me to, I found a "fix" of sorts for the PCIe bus dropping down to 1.1 issue. Though, I don't yet know why it worked. It also doesn't fix the above 60Hz refresh rate issues I'm experiencing, which is why I wondered if the PCIe bus even when set to and staying in a 2.0 spec'd state, might still be in a low power mode when it shouldn't be.

The strange solution was enabling "Game Boost" in the BIOS, testing, then disabling Game Boost in the Bios, and even after disabling it, the PCIe Bus didn't drop down to 1.1 - which infers the issue may be in the system BIOS, but I couldn't state that conclusively. Also, I haven't done enough testing to assure it's not an intermittent problem as opposed to a consistent one, though the testing I have down infers the latter, but isn't proven through sufficient reboots, which I'm not going to be doing as I'm returning this unit and not being paid to QA/QC, and have other family, work, and me time priorities.

I'm also purposely not exploring potential issues WRT the system engineer/EMI...etc, as other Corsair One owners are likely running displays at higher than 60Hz refresh rates on UW high Rez displays, of which we know for sure the GTX 1080 Ti is capable of driving.

Anyway, good luck tracking down the problem. Hopefully the new unit doesn't have the same (or any, fingers crossed) issues.

If you have further questions, let me know.

Quote:
bigans, I've done what I can. Your option is to return the product for a refund. Feedback on the PCIe issue has been heard loud and clear. There's nothing we can do for Z270-based Corsair Ones like yours, but any units built on future platforms will be guaranteed at PCIe 3.0.

RC_ONE, I did check the Acer Z35P. It's 100Hz. See for yourself: Acer Z35P

Now, that said, if Corsair One specifically isn't driving the monitor past 60Hz but other systems can and have, then yes, that's definitely a problem on our side separate from the PCIe gen issue.

As for the GPU-Z render test, I found that on a completely different system configuration (my test bench with an i7-8700K) with a GTX 1080, the GTX 1080 would idle at PCIe 1.1 regardless of what the power settings in the OS are. However, when running the Render Test on GPU-Z, it would max out the bus speed. So I need to investigate this further.

UPDATE: I've reproduced the issue you're experiencing on a reference unit here. We need to determine if it's just a quirk/bug that happens between C1 and GPU-Z or if it's a serious problem.

jopa00, I apologize for your heinous bad luck. We actually do test these extensively at the factory before shipping, although the PCIe ribbon issue turned out to be something that would only materialize after shipping for some mysterious reason. Tech support would've told you to set your PCIe gen setting to Gen 2, but if that option isn't available in BIOS, then you're already running at Gen 2. If they told you to set to Gen 3, let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: png Z35P120HzAnandtech.PNG (434.1 KB, 74 views)
File Type: png Z35P120HzGoogleSearch.PNG (129.7 KB, 74 views)

Last edited by RC_ONE; 10-12-2017 at 04:58 PM.

Old 10-12-2017, 05:33 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 923093

I'm going to test the C1 with a high refresh monitor and work with engineering.

UPDATE: Checked a C1 against a high refresh display and had no issues hitting 144Hz. And 4K@60Hz pushes nearly as many pixels as 3440x1440@100Hz. This sounds like an issue with your C1 specifically.

As for the PCIe bus, I've been running performance tests and getting results in-line with what I would expect the One to perform at, so it's not sitting at 1.1 during non GPU-Z Render Test tasks. And GPU-Z's render test works in the previous version (2.3.0), and stays at PCIe 2.0, but is broken on 2.4.0. That leads me to believe/suspect that something in 2.4.0 broke the render test.

Last edited by Corsair Dustin; 10-12-2017 at 05:41 PM.

Old 10-12-2017, 09:01 PM
RC_ONE's PC Specs

POST ID # = 923104

Quote:
I'm going to test the C1 with a high refresh monitor and work with engineering.

UPDATE: Checked a C1 against a high refresh display and had no issues hitting 144Hz. And 4K@60Hz pushes nearly as many pixels as 3440x1440@100Hz. This sounds like an issue with your C1 specifically.

As for the PCIe bus, I've been running performance tests and getting results in-line with what I would expect the One to perform at, so it's not sitting at 1.1 during non GPU-Z Render Test tasks. And GPU-Z's render test works in the previous version (2.3.0), and stays at PCIe 2.0, but is broken on 2.4.0. That leads me to believe/suspect that something in 2.4.0 broke the render test.
I'm hoping it is just an issue with my C1. Perhaps the graphics adaptor (GTX 1080 Ti) has an issue.

I'm not going to continue to reply to the PCIe issue as it's obvious my posts aren't being read in their entirety and only certain portions are being cherry picked to respond to. Reading is fundamental, but comprehension is key.

Unless of course the replacement unit has the same problem. Though, I haven't received any form of notice yet that it's shipped, and Deanna didn't return my call today after it was related by a customer support rep she'd get in touch with me in 30 minutes. So I'm no longer confident I'll have the replacement by this weekend, despite dropping a few hundred $$$ as requested on the hold within an hour of the request.

But, it's not the weekend yet, so we'll see. Fingers still crossed. I'd prefer to be happy with my purchase than pissed off at yet another high-end gaming company failing to deliver.

At least one way or another, I know what the service path with Corsair is now.

Last edited by RC_ONE; 10-13-2017 at 08:23 AM.

Old 10-13-2017, 01:13 PM
RC_ONE's PC Specs

POST ID # = 923151

Welp...Deanna never got back to me after I was told she'd call me "in 30 minutes" yesterday afternoon (morning for Pacific time) by a Corsair rep who was IM'ing with her. (See updates below)

And, I just spoke with another rep at Corsair who said my replacement system hasn't shipped out yet, ̶d̶e̶s̶p̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶0̶ ̶h̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶e̶d̶i̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶e̶x̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶ ̶d̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶n̶o̶o̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶O̶c̶t̶o̶b̶e̶r̶ ̶1̶0̶t̶h̶.̶ ̶I̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶n̶o̶o̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶O̶c̶t̶o̶b̶e̶r̶ ̶1̶3̶t̶h̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶F̶r̶i̶d̶a̶y̶.̶...so another weekend without a viable system for design or gaming.

Also, my ticket number status isn't being updated from Corsair's side.

...grr...arg...and...disappointment. I'm starting to enter the stage of regret for having made this purchase. I have been patient. I certainly don't expect to be treated this way by a company that's received thousands of $$$$ for a high-end product with claims of world class service, which hasn't been the case.+

Update: Deanna called me back around 5:30pm to let me know the advanced exchange Corsair One shipped, and it was scheduled to arrive on Monday. I genuinely appreciate Deanna's help and getting back to me. It still took over 24 hours and 2 calls in to request said callback. I requested the tracking number, and she emailed it to me. Thank you Deanna!

Update 2: The tracking number shows the shipping info was created on the 10th, and system was shipped yesterday the 12th (Thursday)...still later than I expected it to be, and I had thought it was being shipped 1 day, which would have gotten here today (Friday) or Saturday if it had been shipped on the 10th when I paid the $400 hold, or even the 11th the next day. It looks like it took 2 days for the system to ship out, which leads to...

Update 3: The tracking number shows the system is being shipping from Hong Kong, which explains and infers a number of things. There may not be "stock" warehoused in the US of my model (CS-9000009-US). It explains some of the delay in transit time which has also been commented on elsewhere by other Corsair ONE owners who unexpectedly experienced extended shipping times without being advised it either could take longer than the shipping method they selected (One Day, Two day...etc)...etc. It would be helpful for this to be made clear this is a possibility when a customer orders a system from the US, as the assumption is the system is shipping directly out of a US warehouse or US assembly location.

Update 4: If the Corsair Ticket Management system had been updated by Corsair with some of this information, for example when the system shipped, and the tracking number, my experience with the advanced exchange would have been a little smoother and not as aggravating.

...I do appreciate that Deanna seems to have actually processed the order, seemingly on the 10th when she said she would. Communication on this could have gone more smoothly, as well as the reasons for the delay.

...so, while not as enthusiastic as I was before...nor as disappointed, I'm in a sort of "mixed feelings" mode that will depend heavily on how well the new system works and performs when it arrives.

Comms closed.

Last edited by RC_ONE; 10-13-2017 at 10:39 PM.

Old 10-13-2017, 10:36 PM
RC_ONE's PC Specs

POST ID # = 923192

Updates posted above.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: