The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Old 09-06-2017, 08:48 AM
SkinUpMonkey's PC Specs

POST ID # = 919127
SkinUpMonkey Reputation: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
  1. Good find , I have reproduced the issue using SIV and found that 512 RPM + 1024 RPM are also wonky. Please will you see if you get the same effect?
  2. When I set 768 RPM then the fans don't even start .
  3. When I set 769 RPM for a 10,000 RPM fan the speed is about 1,687 RPM
  4. I also just noticed 512 RPM + 1024 RPM also both end up as 0 RPM .
  5. All of #2 + #3 + #4 must be CLCP 0.2.136 firmware issues .
  6. Had I developed the CLCP firmware to me it would be obvious that such speeds as 256 + 512 + 768 + ... should be validated and I am at a loss as to how the Corsair validation process failed to validate these values .
  7. I suspect any time the low 8 bits are zero (the low byte is zero) things may go wonky .
  8. I don't have the CLCP hardware datasheet (Corsair please can I have it + the CLCP protocol specification?), but at a guess the firmware engineer missed some aspect of how to setup the fan controller.
  9. I would also still like the Corsair RGB DIMM datasheet and given SIV can already control these on X399 systems (CL 4.8.2.1 can't) the last reason Corsair specified when declining to provide this was and still is inappropriate so I ask Corsair to reconsider.
Just tried 512 and 1024 rpm, the fans stop on them too.

Come on Corsair let the guy have his data sheets since his software does more for me then your own like for example being able to group my fans or just have them as an led strip and also Siv can control my pump fully since it's not restricted to 4000rpm while the pump goes to 4800rpm. Thanks red-ray for that mate .

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:08 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 919130
red-ray Reputation: 81
Thumbs down The CLCP firmware restricts RPM mode to 4000 RPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinUpMonkey View Post
it's not restricted to 4000rpm while the pump goes to 4800rpm.
What is rather strange is that the CLCP firmware restricts RPM mode to 4000 RPM, but > 4000 RPM can be used for a Custom Curve. Note the Set 4001 RPM error 0x12 for CLCP Fan 6 (CLCP-L 10K-6) below.

I guess you must use a Custom Curve, do you?

Corsair have failed to provide a publically available specification for what the CLCP firmware should be capable of and feel they should.

Quote:
Attached Images
File Type: png [Link Fans] 4001 RPM.png (120.1 KB, 195 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 09-09-2017 at 07:01 AM.

Old 09-06-2017, 09:24 AM
SkinUpMonkey's PC Specs

POST ID # = 919133

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
What is rather strange is that the CLCP firmware restricts RPM mode to 4000 RPM, but > 4000 RPM can be used for a Custom Curve. Note the Set 4001 RPM error 0x12 for CLCP Fan 6 (CLCP-L 10K-6) below.

I guess you must use a Custom Curve, do you?

As usual Corsair have failed to provide a publically available specification for what the CLCP firmware should be capable of and feel they should.
Ya I use custom curve based on water temps.

Attached Images
File Type: png fans.png (84.3 KB, 189 views)

Old 09-17-2017, 06:00 AM
Here to learn
Hugo Cowan's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920310
Hugo Cowan Reputation: 20

Hello,

I have a question relating to this issue: Are the 0 RPM drops at values such as 512, 768, etc. happening even when your custom curve does not specify these numbers?

For example, two set values on your custom curve are 750 and 800: would the fans stop spinning, then spin back up during the transition between these two set points as the fans pass 768 RPM?

It seems to me that if this does happen, then this is a major issue, and if not then it is rather easy to avoid these power of 2 numbers, at least until there is a fix.

By the way, @Corsair Dustin, really nice job responding to people on these forums. On all the major issues I've found you're there providing insight. The same couldn't be said a few months ago. I really hope you can help get these issues across to the software team.

Last edited by Hugo Cowan; 09-17-2017 at 07:25 AM.

Old 09-17-2017, 06:14 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920311
red-ray Reputation: 81
Sigh.. I think that is does and this is why the fans keep stopping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Cowan View Post
I have a question relating to this issue: Are the 0 RPM drops at values such as 512, 768, etc. happen even when your custom curve does not specify these numbers?
I think that is does and this is why the fans keep stopping.

Below you can see CLCP-L HD-1 uses a Custom Curve and should be spinning at 768, but it's zero.

OK, I used numbers to make it easy to show the effect, but expect it will always happen.

Quote:
Attached Images
File Type: png [Link Fans].png (115.4 KB, 157 views)

Old 09-17-2017, 07:25 AM
Here to learn
Hugo Cowan's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920335
Hugo Cowan Reputation: 20

Well, that is a serious problem. I truly hope that is fixed soon as I'm expecting my CLCP today :p

Old 09-17-2017, 12:54 PM
5kft's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920361
5kft Reputation: 17

Quote:
Well, that is a serious problem. I truly hope that is fixed soon as I'm expecting my CLCP today :p
Yes, same here. I probably won't bother to install it until this is fixed as I'd actually like to have my fans work at least as well as the motherboard+temperature sensor configuration that I am currently using.

Old 09-18-2017, 02:56 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 920480
Greybeard Reputation: 14

Quote:
By the way, @Corsair Dustin, really nice job responding to people on these forums. On all the major issues I've found you're there providing insight. The same couldn't be said a few months ago. I really hope you can help get these issues across to the software team.
Quote:
Corsair Dustin has been working tirelessly with our dev team making sure that you guys' findings are passed on. He's on PTO at the moment and will be back sometime this week.

If you're having problems with the fan's rpm using the custom curve, I'd suggest that you use the pre-set profile in C Link for now while we evaluate this odd behavior. The moment we sort this out, we'll share the update with you guys right away.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-19-2017, 11:37 AM
5kft's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920543
Arrow thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybeard View Post
Corsair Dustin has been working tirelessly with our dev team making sure that you guys' findings are passed on. He's on PTO at the moment and will be back sometime this week.

If you're having problems with the fan's rpm using the custom curve, I'd suggest that you use the pre-set profile in C Link for now while we evaluate this odd behavior. The moment we sort this out, we'll share the update with you guys right away.
Many, many thanks, Greybeard (and of course Dustin)! I really appreciate it. I ended up installing my CLCP, and it is very nice. The only thing that is a problem is this "fan stop" issue - if it didn't have this it would be wonderful!

Please let the dev team know that they will totally be my heroes when they fix this

Old 09-21-2017, 12:45 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920740
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

Here's where we're at:

We have a firmware update coming for CLCP that may solve the problem for you.

We're also continuing to investigate the issue.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 09-21-2017, 09:40 PM
5kft's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920811

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Dustin View Post
Here's where we're at:

Dustin, thank you so much! You rock!!!!

Old 10-12-2017, 09:35 AM
SkinUpMonkey's PC Specs

POST ID # = 923055

Quote:
Here's where we're at:

I just updated the software and the hardware but I still get the same issues as before. Guess the update was just for your new fans?

Edit: Well updating was the worse idea I had today. Readings from it are all over the place and the fans are not acting like they should but at the same time kinda do

Last edited by SkinUpMonkey; 10-12-2017 at 11:35 AM.

Old 10-12-2017, 11:55 AM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Dustin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 923069
Corsair Dustin Reputation: 41

We've posted instructions on how to downgrade the firmware (here) and recommend any users having issues with the new firmware and 4.9 roll back to 4.7.

So here's what you need to know regarding your problems specifically:
- We're adding a fix for the 0 RPM (multiples of 256 RPM drop to 0) fan bug in an upcoming CLCP firmware release.
- We're adding end user control of DC/PWM/Off for each fan port in the same CLCP firmware release and accompanying Link software release.
- We're aware of thermistor issues and working to reproduce them in house.

For the first two, I'd expect these to be available before the end of November.

I just had a looooonnng conversation yesterday with our software team about prioritizing bug fixes over adding new features and reworking our processes to get Link into a much better, more stable state, along with restoring hardware playback to products that used to have it.

Please do not send private messages requesting tech support or trouble shooting. You can create a thread and let the solution to your issue be visible to everyone, or alternatively, work directly with tech support by contacting them here.

Old 10-12-2017, 12:22 PM
SkinUpMonkey's PC Specs

POST ID # = 923072

Quote:
We've posted instructions on how to downgrade the firmware (here) and recommend any users having issues with the new firmware and 4.9 roll back to 4.7.

So here's what you need to know regarding your problems specifically:
- We're adding a fix for the 0 RPM (multiples of 256 RPM drop to 0) fan bug in an upcoming CLCP firmware release.
- We're adding end user control of DC/PWM/Off for each fan port in the same CLCP firmware release and accompanying Link software release.
- We're aware of thermistor issues and working to reproduce them in house.

For the first two, I'd expect these to be available before the end of November.

I just had a looooonnng conversation yesterday with our software team about prioritizing bug fixes over adding new features and reworking our processes to get Link into a much better, more stable state, along with restoring hardware playback to products that used to have it.
Thanks for the update and the firmware downgrade worked out great so thanks again.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: