Corsair Community

H55 normal pump noise?

wangcl116

Hi,

I've just bought a H55 liquid cooler last week. Installed with no problems and I'm super happy with the temp. The only thing is the water pump makes a buzzing/humming noise constantly. It's the loudest thing in my computer case now.

Is it normal for a H55 water pump to be louder than a 120mm fan at 100%? My computer case is under the desk, before I bought H55, the noise is barely noticeable with 5 fans in the case at high RPM. Now the noise from H55 water pump sounds like the static noise coming out from those cheap speakers. I googled about similar problems and someone said it would go away in a few days, but mine is still making the same noise. I've also tried to connect the pump to a fan controller to lower the voltage (I know it's not recommended), but it makes the same noise.

I just want to know if this is normal? or a faulty unit

I also have a similar question.

I just got my H110i GT installed, and the pump makes a faint but audible fish tank/refrigerator sound. I just wanted to see if this is considered normal operation?

Also, is there any way to change between quiet, balanced, and performance without using corsair link?

• Corsair Employee
Hi,

I've just bought a H55 liquid cooler last week. Installed with no problems and I'm super happy with the temp. The only thing is the water pump makes a buzzing/humming noise constantly. It's the loudest thing in my computer case now.

Is it normal for a H55 water pump to be louder than a 120mm fan at 100%? My computer case is under the desk, before I bought H55, the noise is barely noticeable with 5 fans in the case at high RPM. Now the noise from H55 water pump sounds like the static noise coming out from those cheap speakers. I googled about similar problems and someone said it would go away in a few days, but mine is still making the same noise. I've also tried to connect the pump to a fan controller to lower the voltage (I know it's not recommended), but it makes the same noise.

I just want to know if this is normal? or a faulty unit

RMA it. The pump on the H55 shouldn't be making any noise.

I also have a similar question.

I just got my H110i GT installed, and the pump makes a faint but audible fish tank/refrigerator sound. I just wanted to see if this is considered normal operation?

Also, is there any way to change between quiet, balanced, and performance without using corsair link?

The H110i GT pump does make noise, but it should be extremely quiet. The only way to change fan and pump modes is the Corsair Link software.

If you're dissatisfied with the noise from your H110i GT, you can always contact our customer service and RMA the unit.

The H110i GT pump does make noise, but it should be extremely quiet. The only way to change fan and pump modes is the Corsair Link software.

If you're dissatisfied with the noise from your H110i GT, you can always contact our customer service and RMA the unit.

Thanks Dustin, so far I am very pleased with my H110i GT! I just want to make sure that it's functioning as expected. In my mind, an overclocked multi-GPU system and a silent PC are mutually exclusive things.

• Corsair Employee
Thanks Dustin, so far I am very pleased with my H110i GT! I just want to make sure that it's functioning as expected. In my mind, an overclocked multi-GPU system and a silent PC are mutually exclusive things.

We're working on changing that. ;)

Archived