Corsair Community

Does Corsair One comes with an OEM Recovery partion?

solrac13

Hello

I will like to find out were is the OEM recovery portion?

So far I look at computer manager, I click on disk manager and I only see a healthy recovery partition of 822 mb and that is not the OEM recovery portion, that is the windows recovery portion.

Thanks & BR

Hello every Corsairs Ones users

@ ALL

Please can some one tell me if I can do a reset PC using the windows healthy recovery partition with out lousing the essentials software egg (cosair Link,Msi Updates and so on?) I will like to start from scrash before doing my own Recovery partion,) and see if I can get rid of the missing Unknown devise driver on the devise Manager!

Also since I mouve my ONE frome hose 1 to house 2 I'm no longer using the same tv screen that I was using on day 1 ad unfortunately the screen on home 2 has a very low resolution I'm not availbe to fit the screen and to finish I been trying to mes with Bios and it seems since my resolution is not as it should be I'm having trubles navigating on the all new experience MSI Bios to me, strange as it could be I think that when I moube the Unito from house 1 to 2 I did nt need to to do any adjustments and image was feeting well on the tv screen of home 2 intil the moment I try to mess with bios and ever since I havent found the right settings to fix my resolution problem and work with the Bios, so that is also one of the resons I wish to start from scrash.

@Corsair

Could you be kind enough to inform us ones for all if YES or NO Corsair One units include an OEM Recovery Portion & if Not, could you inform us if si posible to do a full format of C: and reinstall windows and all needed corsair software with ou running into ISUES?

For instance I have an M2 Corsair SSD coming soon and of course will like to swap the original ssd that came with it and use an M2 instead (I know it will void the warrantee and I want to take that risk on my own responsibility, so rest in peace)

Thanks in advance wish you all happy weekend

Rgards solrac13

@ Kochis

Merci de ton aide, donc ton est sur k c bien une sauvegarde OEM, alors crois tu que si je garde cette sauvegarde en C et instale dans une tout neuf ssd pourais je reinstale le tout comment avant en indiquen que la sauvegarde est on C?

• 2 months later...

I'd like to reset my Corsair to its factory settings, but I've upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. In place, not a fresh install.

Now usually when there's a manufacturer provided way to reset the computer, Windows offers to "Factory reset" it when you select "Reset this PC". On my Corsair ONE it just shows "Keep my files" and "Remove everything".

1437425623-670x356.png

Could any of you check if it offers to "Factory reset" on your units?

Simply type "Reset this PC" in the start menu and it'll show the correct settings window, or follow this guide. Click "Reset this PC" and let me know what it says. Thanks! :)

To partly answer my own question:

I’ve gone ahead and used “Reset this PC”, choosing to “Remove everything”. This brought the Corsair ONE back to a near-factory reset state; the wallpaper and installed applications are completely as they were when I first booted it.

It’s just running Windows Pro per default now, instead of Home. This is alright, but makes it troubleome if you’d like to reclaim your Pro license and downgrade to Home. Take that into account when you decide to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.

@Corsair: it would be cool if you could figure out the best way to really bring the machine back to its factory conditions. Should I just install Windows 10 Home in place. Will it automatically pick up on the Home OEM key it shipped with?

Archived