Corsair Community

adding more xms memory, what kind?

redmist

hello,

i am presently running these memory sticks - CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model TWINX1024-3200LL.

i want to buy another gig of memory to get my memory up to 2 gig. i can't seem to find the exact same memory modules. what memory should i use to upgrade my system?

presently running an ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe Socket 478 Intel 875P ATX Intel Motherboard. present timings 2-2-3-6 burst length 8.

thanks!

john

• 1 month later...
Can the TWINX2048-3200C2's be used in conjuction with the TWINX1024-3200LLPT? Would they co-exist in the Asus P4C800-E Deluxe alright? For a total of 3GB ram? Or is RamGuy suggesting to throw out the TWINX1024-3200LLPT and just use the TWINX2048-3200C2? Thanks!

• Corsair Employee
Unfortunately the LL series of memory has been discontinued and we cannot suggest mixing any other type of memory together with it. I am sorry about this but because the actual memory IC chip has gone out of production we can no longer manufacture these modules. If you are still looking to upgrade your best bet would be to remove your LL modules and to add new RAM throughout your machine. Once again I apologize for the inconvenience, take care.

I understand. Thanks RamGuy-that satisfied my curiosity.

What do people do with their old memory sticks?

Can I sell them on Ebay?

Or is it just a total loss and money down the drain?

I regret trying to get the low latency now, even though they were the best at the tme, and they were VERY expensive.

I do video editing, Adobe After Effects and the like. I'm considering just biting the bullet and getting the TWINX2048-3200C2's. Can it be be TWINX2048-3200PT as well? I see about a fifty dollar difference between the two sets.

SonicGig

Sounds like there are several of us around with LL memory in the same boat. I guess we should cross-sell so that some people can upgrade their existing memory and others get cash to buy all-new memory. I suppose ebay is the way to go.

Archived