Corsair Community

when i change ram timmings in bios, can't reboot.

madmax33

hi, i want to change the timmings of my ram in the bios, because i noticed in CPU-Z that the timmings are 2.5.3.3.5 when i have Corsair CMX512-3200XLPRO which should run at 2.2.2.5 when i changed them manualy i could not restart windows xp. it will only start if i set the bios to auto, which gives me slower timmings..?? can anyone help? :sigh!:

• Corsair Employee
Please set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS3200XL Cass 2-2-2-5 and then test the module/'s one at a time with www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

• 2 months later...

hello...thnx for your help..

i had tried what you sugested, incress the voltage and changed timmings ran memtest on the first stick...1 pass ok tried the second stick going fine the at test 6 13 errors...ok changed to from 2T to 1T on this stick did test again, 1pass ok no errors...checked first stick with 1T ok also.. put in both sicks pass test ok... tried to restart get no post beep...the bois checksum error, over and over...after killing power via switch on ps.. several times it posts and started ok..ran 3d mark whenthrough ok...(10168)score...restart windows...no post checksum error again....switch it off and on error again and again, after 4times it post and loads windows....then left pc to eat dinner came back and was looking at dos bois checksum error...lol..it must have crashed and restarted by it's self?? again after a few atempts got back into windows to write this to you...lol...???i have no idea whats going on...can you plz help me further...thnx sincerly...max:[pouts: :confused:

Archived