Corsair Community

Yellow buildup on hose of new H100i Platinum SE

TeaTimeJ

So, my 2 week (if at all) old H100I Platinum SE is showing a yellow buildup/staining around the hose at the pump housing? I have a picture attached showing this. Please tell me it is not what I suspect it to be?

I will add better pictures tomorrow after I finished removing the AIO and putting in my old H100i v2, which I hope still works... otherwise my progress in the Division 2 is screwed....

Inked20190313_233700_LI.thumb.jpg.270f763c5cb2acce6fda81283685321e.jpg

That is probably correct. The color was throwing me off a bit, but it may be the exposed anti-corrosive salts or the color of the sealant/glue. Either way, taking it out was the right thing to do and it should not go back in. I was waiting to see if someone from Corsair would respond, but at this point play both ends and start the return process with the purchase vendor or Corsair through the ticket support system in the header above (or both).

Oh yeah that went straight out after I saw and took the first picture of it. It was late last night so I put in the old one tonight and had the chance to take a better picture. I started the return process, I have to see how RMA will work as I need the fans that came with the cooler to run on my old H100i, and preferable before Brexit as I ordered it from a UK retailer and I sit in the EU.

Archived