Corsair Community

Who's ONLY air cooling there Obsidian 250D?

HothTron

Hey all, long time no see. Had an old account some time ago but I moved outa state and have no idea of my login credentials and my ISP is different as well now, so owell, i'm starting over.

Been outa the computer building loop for awhile since doing a case project nearly 2 years ago with a HAF XB and then got busy with a new job and outa state move so i'm just now kinda seeing whats going on and coming out in the pc world again.

I'm now in a much bigger city but I lost nearly half my living space as a result of downsizing and living costs and as such, my beloved CoolerMaster HAF XB is sitting on its own box and I don't have a desk right now or possibly ever in the near future that will be able to hold all my stuff like I used to at my bigger apt complex :[pouts: That being said, i've been kinda actually thinking about doing an new build in the ITX factor, much to my amazement and the Corsair 250D Obsidian sure comes highly recommended from all my web researching for ITX cases and nothing from my beloved Antec or even CoolerMaster looks decent.

However, with me being more busy with other hobbies nowadays and not PC gaming much, its not likely i'll be overclocking my next build if I do go the ITX route, so I'm not gonna bother with the costs with doing water cooling a 250D that a lot of people are. With that, could I see pictures of peoples builds with ONLY air cooling going on in their 250D's and what HSF units they are using and what fan configurations they are finding work best.

Thanks for helping me get back up to speed

http://img.hexus.net/v2/chassis/Corsair/250D/250D-12b.jpg

Yeah but no, no interest in deal with water cooling, no matter how noobish they've made it now adays. I just wanna throw in a better HSF unit then the stock intel one without spending a lot and I just wanna see what people are doing air wise with the 250D. Looks like i'll just have to do this alone

As cramped as these cases are, you will be hard to find any examples of air cooling. I already looked myself. You could simply try the stock fan and see what results that gives you.

Each time that I avoided using water-cooling (because I was scared); I ended up unhappy with the air results and ended up buying a liquid cooling solution. In the end I paid twice as much because of it and had like three coolers I would go through before I gave in to liquid cooling.

For this case I think you have to go with water cooling even if not overclocking. It will make it super quiet and keep temps easy to manage. They are also SUPER noob friendly in case you are chicken the way I was. I know I did not contribute much to your request but just my 2 cents

Edit: If you dont plan to use the 5.25 Bay, you can fit a Noctua. Just make sure to get additional high performance fans for the intake and exhaust.

http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=productview&products_id=37&lng=en

After futher investigation, its become apparent that Corsair builds cases as nothing more then fancy marketing schemed products to force you to buy "compatible" products from their company, mostly their expensive and overhryped water cooling products, as you sure as hell don't have the flexiblity to put much in regards to other brands in their cases.

Screw that noise Corsair, i'll stick with my old case for awhile longer, deal with the size and stay with more flexible case products from other companies for my needs

After futher investigation, its become apparent that Corsair builds cases as nothing more then fancy marketing schemed products to force you to buy "compatible" products from their company, mostly their expensive and overhryped water cooling products, as you sure as hell don't have the flexiblity to put much in regards to other brands in their cases.

Screw that noise Corsair, i'll stick with my old case for awhile longer, deal with the size and stay with more flexible case products from other companies for my needs

Fight the power.

Archived