Corsair Community

Vengeance 1500 - White Noise with Loudness Equalization active?

NaberiusX01

So, I have run into a really interesting.... scenario. I'm pretty sure I am going deaf cause with any pair of headphones that I have used, I have always turned on Loudness Equalization just so everything is that much louder. With the 1500s though, I get some sort of white noise in the background that is pretty darn noticeable and pretty irritating.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, checked all my drivers to make sure they were up to date and even tried Loudness Equalization without the Corsair drivers for the 1500s (and the "unofficial" drivers for the 2000s that also work for the 1500s). There is none of this white noise until I install the Corsair drivers. What gives? I might as well return them if the corsair drivers give me problems and go and pick up a cheap set for $20. Has ANYONE experienced anything like this? It is really confusing me and I have tried EVERYTHING I can think of. I'm just left here scratching my head.

Additional info: The 1500s are plugged into a USB 2.0 port (I have tried all of them) on an Asrock 970 Extreme 3

Edit: There is some white noise without any drivers installed, but i can get rid of it by muting the in line and mic controls, which I have seen posted before but no solution when the drivers are installed.. I am just about ready to give up at this point.

Edit 2: I lied when I said Loudness Equalization works just fine without any drivers, there is still the same white noise as if the drivers were installed. BAH

• 6 months later...
Simple fix.

speaker properties>advanced tab>set to highest quality.

man im so hungry...

I'm glad this solved the problem for you, but this does not seem to have helped me, and it doesn't seem to have been mentioned anywhere else in the very similar threads over the last year+.

Archived