Corsair Community

surround sound very poor in Vengeance 1500

744fragger

I too have the 1500 headset. I am using the latest drivers. I have the option to select 7.1 surround on the Corsair control panel. The audio quality is good but there is absolutely zip spatial separation.

I think the drivers must still be a work in progress. I would be using the headset and sound card from a competitor but their drivers are very buggy and unrecognized by Win7 prem 64 bit os.

I am open to any suggestions as how to improve 3d for gaming :rant:

To be truthfully honest, the number of complaints for this headset has been very very small (less than 1%). While forum members here have been vocal, and we understand the current drivers/audio quality may not be accommodating to everyone's satisfaction, there isn't any issue that needs to be corrected right now with the headset. There is no way to ever satisfy 100% of our customers.

It has been passed along that people would like to incorporate Dolby drivers, but these things take time to consider, and to implement. It is not simply something that is done overnight, especially when working with third parties like Dolby (licensing is not free). While it is frustrating that there are no solutions on the horizon, we always consider any and all feedback. However, there are plenty of threads like this and beating a dead horse doesn't make anything happen faster.

If there is an issue with the headset, we can exchange it for you if there is a defect. Otherwise, we also cannot comment on future releases and if there are any changes, we will make the announcements here on the forums and our product pages.

From this thread

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=107730&page=2

Yes, I went from 7.1 mode with default fps equalizer to dolby cinema. Spatial effects in both modes is limited to a left channel and right channel- no discernable fore and aft spatial rendering.

Please note in my original msg that I found the pure audio reproduction very good. However, since I play a lot of Quakelive fps, I find myself constantly getting blasted by an opponent running up behind me.

Archived